**Game 2 of 162: Sox at KC Thread**

Brian

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This white sox team reminds of the days I used to live in Tampa and root for the young rays with a bunch of unknown players mixed in with some high level prospects coming up and a low budget.

Of course, the parallels aren't perfect, but it's really fun rooting for this team if they keep fighting and winning some games and finding out who 'sticks'.

It helps that our division f***ing sucks with KC and DET being way worse off than us. However, the Indians should run away with it again and the Twins are a pretty stacked team so that limits the optimism a bit.

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Chicago White Sox at Kansas City Royals

Stadium: Kauffman Stadium

Game start time: 6:15 PM Central Daylight Time

Starting pitchers: Lucas Giolito (2017: 3-3, 2.38) vs. Ian Kennedy (2017: 5-13, 5.38)

Announcers: Steve Stone and Jason Benetti (television), Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson (radio)

Television start time:

Chicago White Sox Warm-Up - 6:00 PM Central / 7:00 PM Eastern *

Game telecast - 6:10 PM Central / 7:10 PM Eastern *

9 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WGN-TV, Channel 9 (Independent)

Rockford WIFR-LD, Channel 23-3 (COZI TV)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Springfield, IL / Decatur / Champaign WBUI Decatur, Channel 23 (The CW)

Indianapolis WISH-TV, Channel 8 (The CW) *

Marion, IN WNDY-TV, Channel 23-3 (The CW) (WISH-TV simulcast) *

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Radio:

Chicago AM 720 WGN

And the ‘White Radio Network’ http://wgnradio.com/2018/03/18/2018-white-...ork-affiliates/

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 09:55 AM)
I don’t understand playing weekend night games for north teams in April.

Agreed, I mean it's still March for crying out loud. It's stupid not to maximize the warmest part of the day, and it rains a lot this time of year....give yourself more time to get the game in.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 09:59 AM)
Agreed, I mean it's still March for crying out loud. It's stupid not to maximize the warmest part of the day, and it rains a lot this time of year....give yourself more time to get the game in.

Lol I forgot it’s not even April! Goes double!

Players and fans can't be too happy it's a pretty nice afternoon in KC, temps near 60, and by gametime it will probably be down near the 40s and by the middle of the game it will def be in the 40s, possibly even low 40s.

They are not going to play tmr it looks like. Brutal cold coming. High of 32 tmr.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 02:53 PM)
Players and fans can't be too happy it's a pretty nice afternoon in KC, temps near 60, and by gametime it will probably be down near the 40s and by the middle of the game it will def be in the 40s, possibly even low 40s.

They are not going to play tmr it looks like. Brutal cold coming. High of 32 tmr.

With up to 3 inches of snow no less. Yuck. At least we can be rest assured they will at least get the games played in Toronto.

In regards to today, I'm looking for Moncada to have a big game and lead the charge, along with some nice At-Bats from Anderson.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 05:06 PM)
According to Yahoo Avi is out of the lineup tonight? Just took him out of my fantasy lineup because it says he's scratched. Leury and Delmonico in. I saw the twitter post with Avi in the lineup...is yahoo just wrong?

I think yahoo is wrong. Daryl van schouwen has tweeted pics of him out on field.