Tampa Bay @ Chicago GT

soxfan49

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 12:20 PM)
Apparently the Sox have some huge charity event tomorrow night so they can't play two tomorrow.

Play 2 on Wednesday. It's supposed to be 56. It will feel like 90. Steve Stone will tell us how the ballpark will be lively.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 12:10 PM)
Print them out, and exchange at the box office.

Thanks for the tip. Just bought the cheapest 4 pack of club seats for $12 each. At $67 (including fees) that is cheaper than 1 club seat usually costs.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 11:58 AM)
A decent amount of teams would get those: Sox, Cubs, Twins, Tigers, Red Sox, Yankees, Mets, Pirates, Indians, Reds, Rockies, Orioles, Nats.

Yes, except no to balt/wash as I will arbitrarily use mason dixon line, also no to colorado because it's usually sunny there.

Back in the late 90s, Tampa tried to bomb their way to wins. They signed Jose Canseco. There was some rainout or cold out. It might have been one of those days they used to cancel because the Bulls were playing a playoff game At any rate, they played a twi night DH to make up. We arrived the first or second batter, and there was a flyball to CF. McKay Christensen was playing CF for the Sox. We could clearly hear him calling for it 2 feet from the door of the lower concourse. There couldn't have been 100 people in the stands. Today might rival that crowd.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 12:39 PM)
Back in the late 90s, Tampa tried to bomb their way to wins. They signed Jose Canseco. There was some rainout or cold out. It might have been one of those days they used to cancel because the Bulls were playing a playoff game At any rate, they played a twi night DH to make up. We arrived the first or second batter, and there was a flyball to CF. McKay Christensen was playing CF for the Sox. We could clearly hear him calling for it 2 feet from the door of the lower concourse. There couldn't have been 100 people in the stands. Today might rival that crowd.

Prefer the smaller crowds. Thursday was hell waiting for beer, food, and bathrooms.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 12:40 PM)
Prefer the smaller crowds. Thursday was hell waiting for beer, food, and bathrooms.

The only problem with the smaller crowds is they shut down so many stands. I was there Saturday and Sunday. I really don't buy much in terms of concessions, but I usually take a lap or 2 to keep the blood flowing, and I was amazed how many stands were not opened.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 12:48 PM)
Told my Tigers fan co-worker about it and now he's grabbing tickets for behind the visitor's dugout to exchange for when the Tigers come back to town.

The only problem is he may not get the exact same seats. But it should be something in the same category. It's nice getting premium tickets at a nosebleed price even if technically you could probably get away with buying a cheap ticket and sit somewhere nice. Being where you are supposed to be is a lot less stress, especially if you are there with kids.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 12:55 PM)
Anybody know how I can watch the game online at the office? My U-verse wont stream WGN. Does their app provide live TV broadcast?

If you have a cable/satellite system that carries comcast you can download the nbcsports app to your phone for games on CSN. It will ask you for your user name and password for that company's sign in to verify that you are a customer for them. I use it as a comcast subscriber on a regular basis.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 05:58 PM)
If you have a cable/satellite system that carries comcast you can download the nbcsports app to your phone for games on CSN. It will ask you for your user name and password for that company's sign in to verify that you are a customer for them. I use it as a comcast subscriber on a regular basis.

thanks but isnt todays game on WGN?

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 01:55 PM)
Anybody know how I can watch the game online at the office? My U-verse wont stream WGN. Does their app provide live TV broadcast?

I also use Reddit mlb streams. I live in Michigan so I use MLB.tv, but it's blacked out when they play Detroit so I default to the Reddit streams then. You'll want good internet connection. Quality might not be the greatest but passable mostly.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 11:11 AM)
I also use Reddit mlb streams. I live in Michigan so I use MLB.tv, but it's blacked out when they play Detroit so I default to the Reddit streams then. You'll want good internet connection. Quality might not be the greatest but passable mostly.

yeah, reddit stream are great for those blackouts.