The 2018 MLB Draft Thread (Tracker in OP)

NorthSideSox72

2 hours ago, steveno89 said:

Madrigal seems like a guy who could be a rock solid starter on a good team batting first or second and setting the table for Eloy. 

He looks like a good player.  Keep assembling talent, and with proper development, the Sox will have a team.  Actually the Sox should be good before he's ready for the majors.

And Singer still hasn't been drafted. I don't know what him at 4 all about - didn't make sense.

Edited by GreenSox

There seems to be some debate about how tall Nick is. His dad says 5' 7". I wouldn't be surprised if he is even shorter. However, I don't view it as a negative. Remember, smaller strike zone, and shorter path for the bat to the hitting zone.

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

There seems to be some debate about how tall Nick is. His dad says 5' 7". I wouldn't be surprised if he is even shorter. However, I don't view it as a negative. Remember, smaller strike zone, and shorter path for the bat to the hitting zone.

He can play and obviously size isn't that important for position players.  Yea all things equal give me a guy like Moncada or TA body wise but all things aren't equal.  Kid can hit and he can field.  It's a skills game for the most part.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Just now, BlackSox13 said:

Wow. I anticipated Singer could slide further than what was speculated after his last performance but damn. Didn't think he would slide this far. He's skydiving without a parachute.

Something has to be up.

16 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I hate the cubs, but this is douchey.

Mostly trying to convey that I want the Cubs to get nothing. Maybe they draft him, trade him for a bust, and he goes on to be a good mid rotation starter. Better?

36 minutes ago, AustinIllini said:

I love the Madrigal pick.

Me too.  With Madrigal at Second, maybe Moncada can be moved to SS or 3B.

I lost sleep last night worrying that they'd blow this high of a pick on a Pitcher.