Jump to content
southsider2k5

2018-2019 Official NBA thread

Recommended Posts

Literally an epic dumpster fire which is only getting worse. Awful. Even I can’t watch more then ten minutes of the games. They are so freaking bad and completely not worth watching. This is coming from someone who actually had no issue watching last season (up until the final month or so). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 7:03 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Why are people surprised. Paxson said they intended to keep him around as a head coach...as such he needed to get a raise from his assistant coaches salary. This is what annoys me...people use this to refer to the bulls as being a dumpster fire. There are reasons to call them that...this is not one of them.

 

On 1/12/2019 at 7:06 PM, Chisoxfn said:

A dumpster fire would be telling the interim coach you aren’t going to pay him any more...which is what the cheap Cavs tried to do after firing Tyron Lue. They tried to neuter the assistant coach.

 

 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:31 PM, Chisoxfn said:

I bet the bulls get back to playoffs before the Sox do. If the Bulls are a dumpster fire, the Sox are whatever is four times worse.

Hahaha and now....

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Literally an epic dumpster fire which is only getting worse. Awful. Even I can’t watch more then ten minutes of the games. They are so freaking bad and completely not worth watching. This is coming from someone who actually had no issue watching last season (up until the final month or so). 

I'm proud of you Jason. Only took you 6 days to realize that you made a mistake regarding the Bulls. I knew you'd come around. ;)

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Wendell...can we just get a clearing house, top to bottom?

Markkanen, LaVine, Dunn, Carter, Hutchinson, Portis, and even Valentine all have potential to contribute to winning teams. Add in a likely top pick. If only a halfway competent GM, head coach and training staff could get in here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Quin said:

Boylen is like all the worst parts of Thibs but none of the good parts.

As Roenbloom wrote, Boylen is the basketball equivalent to Bevington,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“This is no way to attract free agents. Forget the elite ones. But if the Bulls target solid, experienced veterans to contribute culturally and statistically, they might need to overpay to land them. That’s how lowly the Bulls are viewed around the league these days.”

KC Johnson quote from today’s Trib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

“This is no way to attract free agents. Forget the elite ones. But if the Bulls target solid, experienced veterans to contribute culturally and statistically, they might need to overpay to land them. That’s how lowly the Bulls are viewed around the league these days.”

KC Johnson quote from today’s Trib

Clear out the front office, training staff, and coaching staff, wait 2 years, clear out some of the guys like Lavine and Portis who would be better elsewhere right now, accumulate 2 or 3 more high picks, and maybe that reputation can go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the right hire you aren’t far. 

If the bulls could hire Masai Ujiri as president I feel like they would be a top east competitor after next year. They need someone that realizes the bulls is more than a job under jerry reinsdorf, that uses its brand and worries about more than their own careers. 

Or maybe we’ll just get lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys really need to stop watching the Bulls as the only thing that will force change is an impact to the bottom line. Otherwise, Michael Reinsdorf might just keep GarPax around forever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You guys really need to stop watching the Bulls as the only thing that will force change is an impact to the bottom line. Otherwise, Michael Reinsdorf might just keep GarPax around forever.

I follow a bit still, keep myself as informed as I can while not watching games. I'll watch highlights on NBA TV, listen to Bulls segments on the radio, etc, but I refuse to watch a game until GarPax get whacked. 

For us Sox fans, football season is the only decent one right now. 

Hawks/Bulls/Sox---Yeesh. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You guys really need to stop watching the Bulls as the only thing that will force change is an impact to the bottom line. Otherwise, Michael Reinsdorf might just keep GarPax around forever.

The Bulls are the perfect counterargument to Southsider2k5 about why White Sox fans don’t owe 100% loyalty to the team...how are those season ticket buyers for the Bulls being rewarded for their money and patience?  ONLY a change to the profitability of the franchise will bring about a new front office, and having more revenues still hasn’t produced a superstar free agent signing for many, many years.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The Bulls are the perfect counterargument to Southsider2k5 about why White Sox fans don’t owe 100% loyalty to the team...how are those season ticket buyers for the Bulls being rewarded for their money and patience?  ONLY a change to the profitability of the franchise will bring about a new front office, and having more revenues still hasn’t produced a superstar free agent signing for many, many years.

No star free agent in their prime will ever sign with the Bulls with those snakes in the front office and that clown on the sidelines.  Absolutely sad that Michael Reinsdorf has allowed this once proud franchise hit rock bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bmags said:

Maybe the leadership council isn’t doing it’s job

*Insert thisisfine.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Bulls trade for Carmelo. Reinsdorf gets his guy

Pretty sure every twitter response will be the cash is for Manny 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone explain to me how this works and what the benefit is for the Rockets? The Rockets would have to be sending along more money than it would cost the Bulls just to cut Melo, right? So why would the Rockets do that rather than just cutting him themselves? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pretty sure every twitter response will be the cash is for Manny 

I truly hate these people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Balta1701 said:

Can someone explain to me how this works and what the benefit is for the Rockets? The Rockets would have to be sending along more money than it would cost the Bulls just to cut Melo, right? So why would the Rockets do that rather than just cutting him themselves? 

They signed Kenneth Faried but dont have an open roster spot. Waiving him and he stays on their books for this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×