Jump to content
iWiN4PreP

8/30 GT - BOS @ CHW; Porcello vs. Giolito 7:10pm

Recommended Posts

Remember to get your Pick 2 Click in: 

 

Who's going to the game tonight? Who's going tomorrow to See Kopech?

 

Rick Porcello comes in with an impressive 15-7 record and a 4.19 ERA. We all know about Giolito's recent success... he comes in with a 10-9 record and a 5.85 ERA.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate the Red Sox so hope our Sox take minimum 3/4 lol 

Edited by TheTruth05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I hate the Red Sox so hope our Sox take minimum 3/4 lol 

I like the Red Sox a little. Sure, their fans were annoying when they won 3 WS in 8 seasons, but whatever they had waited a while. Anything that pisses off the spoiled, entitled jankee fans is ok with me. 

BTW, I call the Yankees the jankees because that is how Ozzie used to say Yankees. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I like the Red Sox a little. Sure, their fans were annoying when they won 3 WS in 8 seasons, but whatever. Anything that pisses off the spoiled, entitled jankee fans is ok with me. 

BTW, I call the Yankees the jankees because that is how Ozzie used to say Yankees. 

Both fanbases are insufferable but Red Sox fans are the AL version of Cubs fans which is about as bad as it gets for me lol

Edited by TheTruth05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Both fanbases are insufferable but Red Sox fans are the AL version of Cubs fans which is about as bad as it gets for me lol

Sawx fans know baseball, Cub fans are baseball stupid. Huge difference. You don't have to talk to Sawx fans about why players such as Micah Hoffpauir and David Bote suck. Cub fans, OTOH.......

Sawx fans have quieted down significantly over the last 5 years. Fanbases have a right to talk some trash after they win a championship. To me, jankee fans and Cub fans are the most insufferable fans in all of baseball. If you include all sports, you can put Leafs and Cowboys fans right up there with them.

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Sawx fans have quieted down significantly over the last 5 years. Fanbases have a right to talk some trash after they win a championship. To me, jankee fans and Cub fans are the most insufferable fans in all of baseball. If you include all sports, you can put Leafs and Cowboys fans right up there with them.

Pats fans are giving Cowboy fans a run for their money now. Also why i mention Red Sox fans, those 2 fanbases overlap heavily.

 

Anyway, hope Gio continues his second half revival today. Really would be nice he developed into a mid rotation starter with TOR glimpses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Pats fans are giving Cowboy fans a run for their money now. Also why i mention Red Sox fans, those 2 fanbases overlap heavily.

 

Anyway, hope Gio continues his second half revival today. Really would be nice he developed into a mid rotation starter with TOR glimpses.

Because of the quality of the offense he's facing, If they got 5-6 IP 3-4ER and 5 K out of him today I'd call that a win. Anything better is gravy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news is no Sale or Price. Yoan must be jumping for joy. Bad news is next year's draft pick may suffer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see Benintendi and Moncada tonight. I wonder how many Sox fans would rather have had Benintendi than Moncada in that trade.

I wanted both of them. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think tonight the focus will squarely be on Gio. 

Gio looks like a changed (or older version?) pitcher. This is clearly his toughest challenge to date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tray said:

It will be interesting to see Benintendi and Moncada tonight. I wonder how many Sox fans would rather have had Benintendi than Moncada in that trade.

I wanted both of them. 😉

Almost got him in the draft, but we settled for Carson Fulmer instead

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Anderson back in the line up.

 

Smith 2 days in a row is a bit odd, with a RHP starting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't like having Smith in there. I'd like to see more AB's by Omar.

However, if it's for defensive reasons.. I understand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason to put the Sawx Yanx or Cub on a pedestal. We have a team that can pitch and  likes to battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

Smith 2 days in a row is a bit odd, with a RHP starting. 

They like Giolito throwing with Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pcq said:

No reason to put the Sawx Yanx or Cub on a pedestal. We have a team that can pitch and  likes to battle. 

You know, at the moment this is true.  Feels good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scoots said:

When is Abreu due back? I've seen him in the dugout...

The thread started on August 21 said at least 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

The thread started on August 21 said at least 2 weeks.

So like another week...

On the other hand, that first pitch from Gio looked like a strike to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×