Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Wilpon is saying Mets are OUT of Bryce and Manny for sure. Interesting if true. Big money teams are shrinking by the hour...

We might get down to April Fools and the only fools left for Manny is us. I believe this quandary is for one reason. Lozano expects teams to chase after him and they are not. 

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

We might get down to April Fools and the only fools left for Manny is us. I believe this quandary is for one reason. Lozano expects teams to chase after him and they are not. 

I've said this before but worth restating, the idea that lozano is irrational and overplayed his hand isn't right. He's calculated that he isn't going to lose his client money by waiting, and could possibly get more money by waiting than signing the top offer now. And maybe that's right, but I think realistically the market won't move at all, he'll eventually come down and a small gap will be bridged.

Just now, EvilJester99 said:

Pie in the sky, but the Sox announce Manny and Harper.. would be very very very nice Soxfest.. as Roeper put it. 

Something I’ve been looking at online is if the Sox have been hyping soxfest more than usual. To me, doesn’t appear so.  Actually feels like they hyped it more last year.

Sox are in no rush.  They are the only ones w a confirmed offer on the table.  They also have shown Manny how much they want him (more than any other team).  Sox know 2019 isn’t the year they will be competitive with or without Manny.  They can wait and wait and wait even through a pillow 1 yr contract for Manny and re-engage in 2019 off season.

But what if they can’t and might move on?  What if Manny gets hurt or shits the bed next season?  What if Sox go after Arenado instead?  

Manny and Danny L lose more leverage when over 60% of the off season is complete and they have one complex yet not low ball offer on the table.

There is a deadline and it’s soon, as in Manny will sign w White Sox by their Sox Fest date unless one you (philly, mystery team) pony up now with a concrete written offer.  

So we wait and speculate but as each hour passes, Manny completes the necessary items like physicals and what not and we count down to the inevitable intro at SoxFest.

and other teams move onto their team build finishing touches.

and why Bryce?  Because pollock takes Dodgers out.  And Philly saves for Trout.

SoxFest could be pretty pretty pretty good 

4 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I noticed on the schedule, some of the autograph sessions have multiple players that will sign at a table, and others just have one player. Does Yonder Alonso have someone with him signing, or is he the lone signer.... for now? 👀

Just looked at the schedule. Alonso, as of now, seems to be at a table by himself.

For Friday and Saturday that is. Looks like he'll be with Leury on Sunday.

Edited by KnightsOnMintSt

14 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I noticed on the schedule, some of the autograph sessions have multiple players that will sign at a table, and others just have one player. Does Yonder Alonso have someone with him signing, or is he the lone signer.... for now? 👀

Soxfest has had single signers in the past...but yeah usually that's reserved for top players. Weird theyd do it with Alonso.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres