Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

I really hope at this point that the parties are working their way towards a middle number. It would really suck if the Sox were still on 175, or 250, and Lozano was still stuck over 300+. 

But maybe theyve figured out a general number and years and now are just finishing up the fine details. WSD tweet would lead me to lean more towards the latter. 

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

I really hope at this point that the parties are working their way towards a middle number. It would really suck if the Sox were still on 175, or 250, and Lozano was still stuck over 300+. 

But maybe theyve figured out a general number and years and now are just finishing up the fine details. WSD tweet would lead me to lean more towards the latter. 

I personally think its kind of a stand off right now with bryce and manny. I think pitchers and catchers will report first.

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Doubt it...it’s that SoxTalk deadline that only we care about.  Very little meaning to Lozano.

If we lose him, though, the definitive book about these last few years in free agency will be called “Team of Vipers.”

42 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Alright, you've convinced me good sir, offer him $326 million.  And then when Lozano says "well we want 400" , then we'll sit here and speculate and wig out for another 6 weeks anyways.  😜

(And before people respond with insanity, I'm kidding)

There is no magic bullet for the Sox to close this deal. Sometimes you have to be patient. They must know what Lozano's number is and it is likely way over market. Lozano expects everyone to be chasing after him with money. That is not the case. 

58 minutes ago, Special K said:

Your assumption is based on the belief that all buyers are equal.  We are not a destination players want to go play at.  We lost 100 games last year and are irrelevant in our own city.  If the money is close, we will lose regardless of whether we have his brother-in-law.  We have to outbid by a lot to win.  It's not letting the market dictate.  And if we don't have an open checkbook, why is our payroll at like $18 million next year.  

Your argument isn't showing to be true. Obviously, the sox have offered enough that the advantages the others may have aren't that great.

1 minute ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Rick Hahn is already a known liar. He lied about calling up prospects when they force the issue and now he’s going to lie about spending big money when the time is right. Fire this clown if he fails to sign Machado 

Who are you? Why do you post on this site? Is getting a life an option? 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Whitesoxa6 said:

Rick Hahn is already a known liar. He lied about calling up prospects when they force the issue and now he’s going to lie about spending big money when the time is right. Fire this clown if he fails to sign Machado 

Wow, talk about a crazy overreaction.  I read this, yet see this...

Vz6eZV7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

If they just listened to Costanza, they could have had Bonds and Griffey in the same outfield....and they didn’t really have to give up that much!

But instead they traded Buhner.  Needless to say, Frank Costanza was NOT happy.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres