Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Orlando said:

Nothing has been usual about this off season is there a possibility he signed today and the signing is being announced at a press conference? I WANT TO BELIEVE

no, when he signs, there will be the "agreement has been reached with X team" and then there will be a press conference a few days later.  

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Realistically even if a deal came together,  Manny would have had to already been here, agreed to a deal, and have passed a physical to have a presser tomorrow or Friday. 

This is trash.

Not that I believe this guy, but it fits the timeline. The negotiating is done over the phone, and most contracts aren't signed in person. The Sox fax Lozano a contract, Manny signs it, and they fax it to the main office. It would then be contingent on the physical in the next day or two, and could be voided if he failed. So *if* they agreed on something or are super close and working out the finer details, they could be expecting Manny to come in tomorrow night for a physical and a presser on Friday. 

But like everything else, I have no reason to believe this report.

17 minutes ago, fathom said:

Hope it's true, but this seems very familiar to the bogus Lebron to 76ers rumor from the offseason.  Why would they need extra security?

I went through his tweets and replies, and it seems like he’s not bs-ing. But it also seems like he’s trying to put 2 & 2 together (hector gomez tweet + brother in law security info). For all we know the Sox might have an announcement planned for something unrelated. 

1 minute ago, Bad Hombre said:

I went through his tweets and replies, and it seems like he’s not bs-ing. But it also seems like he’s trying to put 2 & 2 together (hector gomez tweet + brother in law security info). For all we know the Sox might have an announcement planned for something unrelated. 

Yeah I actually loved his twitter feed, as he has the amazing Mike Blowers HR prediction retweeted in the last few days.

• Haha 1

I’m 100% convinced we land him tomorrow or Friday.  The offers he wanted are frankly not coming and he probably dropped his 10/$350M demand to something far more reasonable.  By doing so, the Sox are also willing to bump up their offer and finally get this done.  I’m predicting 8/$260M will be the final number with some combo of opt-outs & swell-opts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m 100% convinced we land him tomorrow or Friday.  The offers he wanted are frankly not coming and he probably dropped his 10/$350M demand to something far more reasonable.  By doing so, the Sox are also willing to bump up their offer and finally get this done.  I’m predicting 8/$260M will be the final number with some combo of opt-outs & swell-opts.

I love your optimism! And I think you may be right. 

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres