Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Quin said:

Buster Olney laughed at the Sox for merely trying to meet with Harper and Machado and was resoundingly dunked on by Machado's agent.

Sorry if I don't buy it.

Exactly. I'm seeing a lot of "he's a senior ESPN reporter, he has tons of connections" online, but his recent actions make him more of a Bruce Levine than a Ken Rosenthal.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

holy smokes kingery was bad last year.

And he was SO good in Lehigh the year before. Like doing everything. Spraying hits all over the field, stealing clutch bases, making unbelievable diving basket catches. Hitting dongers even though he’s small and it’s a pitchers park. He looked so, so ready for the show. 

Prospects will break your heart, man. Hope he puts it together.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Paul Crane is someone that was pounding the Machado/Padres situation a few weeks ago.  Now, he's saying this (and yes I know MLB insider is fake, but it seems he has his own source):

I've always liked Paul Crane! Very intelligent. 

Sorry couldn't type that with a straight face.  Lol

Not gonna lie. I like what he's saying about the Sox. 

Edited by smellysox

There's been a lot of talk about how the Yankees would be able to make their infield work if they signed Machado, but it seems a fair thing to ask of the Phillies as well.  Wouldn't a Machado signing pretty much necessitate a Franco trade, and it's getting a little late in the offseason for that.  Wouldn't anyone interested in Franco just sign Moustakas instead?

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

There's been a lot of talk about how the Yankees would be able to make their infield work if they signed Machado, but it seems a fair thing to ask of the Phillies as well.  Wouldn't a Machado signing pretty much necessitate a Franco trade, and it's getting a little late in the offseason for that.  Wouldn't anyone interested in Franco just sign Moustakas instead?

Padres were linked to Franco earlier in offseason

1 minute ago, Perfect Vision said:

Franco is a replacement level player, they can always cut bait with him. As someone who likes the Phillies, they should do that regardless.

2 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Not sure they're comparable but I would think Franco would just move into a backup 1B/3B/first man off the bench to pinch-hit type of role until dealt.

On Padres reddit, they seemed to view Paul Crane as their version of Hector Gomez. He constantly tweeted stuff out that was pro Padres. They constantly shared it. Obviously Hector is way more credible but they viewed him similar. They might meltdown after this.

Edited by Orlando

39 minutes ago, fathom said:

Paul Crane is someone that was pounding the Machado/Padres situation a few weeks ago.  Now, he's saying this (and yes I know MLB insider is fake, but it seems he has his own source):

Yeah, this goof said Machado to SD was essentially done on 1/25.

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres