yesterday333

Manny: Agent of Chaos

3 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

I would not be so sure about that. The Sox are still very much in on Harper.

Any clue how Harper feels about the Sox compared to how he feels about Philadelphia? (assuming the money is equal)

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wonder how long this thread would be without going off on different tangents and only talking about Machado? 

And without the Peavy posts.

The Harper/Philly stuff is legitimately scaring me now. If the Phillies think they have a good shot at Bryce and they hired Manny's mentor yesterday it says to me they want both. I hope waiting this out with a low to mid 200s offer doesn't come back to bite them in the ass. 

Edited by Sockin

Man I'll be so mad if the mentor lands him. That's a way more efficient way to build favor than actually using two roster spots on friends.

4 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

I would not be so sure about that. The Sox are still very much in on Harper.

I hope that is correct but everything that we have heard from the big gun reporters is that the Sox are very much a long shot with Harper. Even not as interested in him as they are MM. Heyman barely included the Sox in the conversation for Harper this morning on Mully and Haugh. It could all be inaccurate though so we shall see. 

Anyone else think the Sox are focusing more on Machado over Harper because they know Boras will wait till Machado signs before he lets Harper sign?  I think if we sign Machado, we'll still test the market on Bryce, but our decision makers know that Harper is essentially "locked" till Machado signs because of Boras' games.  That's why we aren't hearing as much about the Sox interest in Harper--or at least without mentioning our interest in Machado.  

You'd have to think it's really down to the Sox & Phils now. 

Edited by Sleepy Harold
Other posters beat me to the tweet

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Any clue how Harper feels about the Sox compared to how he feels about Philadelphia? (assuming the money is equal)

I can't comment on other teams but I know the Sox and Harper have been in contact frequently. Manny will probably come to an agreement 1st with a team but don't think for a second that Sox are out for Harper.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Greek-konerko said:

Οκ i guess this eliminates yankees from manny

It doesn't eliminate them from Manny, but it helps the Sox it would seems. 

1 hour ago, maggsmaggs said:

There was nothing to suggest though that Shields was hurt at the time he was traded.

His velocity was plummeting

1 minute ago, Tony said:

True, but it really bunches up the IF group.  Andujar, Tulo, Gleyber, now LeMahieu (Bird & Voit I'm guessing at 1B)...whenever Didi gets back...that's crowded.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'd say it says they were never really too interested in Machado. Theyve been used as a boogeyman by the Machado camp IMO.

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Just read hes going to be used at the corners and 2B.

They had Neil Walker for that role last year, so now they have some semblance of IF depth again.