3/3 vs Cubs, 2pm

flavum

14 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I know it's only Spring Training, but can they find someone to get a few outs? Geez. This is embarrassing.

You’re right. You never want to see a game like this. I just want to see a rebound of some sort so it doesn’t look like a complete waste of a day 

9 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I didn't expect anything for Banuelos...he's an org. guy.

But Minaya..honestly, why is he still around?

Yeah im trying to figure it out too...seems like hes been around forever and he hasn't ever really done anything

• Like 1

It must have been something they ate. The whole team is playing like they're sick, or something. I wouldn't take this game too seriously. I doubt that it's indicative of much of anything. Just a weird day.

Edited by Lillian

13 minutes ago, Lillian said:

It must have been something they ate. The whole team is playing like they're sick, or something. I wouldn't take this game too seriously. I doubt that it's indicative of much of anything. Just a weird day.

Yeah, this isn't a sign of things to come by any means. Their pitching is surely going to be a team strength this year.

What a crock. It is indicative of what's to come. The staff sucks and the bullpen is slightly improved. The team isn't playing like they are sick; they're playing like a team that sucks, which they do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yeah, this isn't a sign of things to come by any means. Their pitching is surely going to be a team strength this year.

What a crock. It is indicative of what's to come. The staff sucks and the bullpen is slightly improved. The team isn't playing like they are sick; they're playing like a team that sucks, which they do.

Yeah Rodon is our ace and a guy we are concerned about keeping. Most good teams view him as a 3 or 4. This staff is ass in a hand basket. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah Rodon is our ace and a guy we are concerned about keeping. Most good teams view him as a 3 or 4. This staff is ass in a hand basket. 

Correct. All offseason, most of us have begged this dysfunctional organization to add starting pitching and now "this isn't indicative of anything?" Please.

But someone said the other day starting pitching should be this organizations strength which is why they should have spent their financial resources on manny and Harper. Lol, the starting staff is brutal and will be awful for the foreseeable future. Anyone thinking the Sox won’t need to dip into free agency or trades to fill at least 2 spots in the starting rotation is kidding themselves. At least the infield is league average as currently constructed. The outfield is terrible but that’s the one true strength of the current minor league system so that should improve in time.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Pitching staff might be worse this year than last.  I just beg that they fire Cooper if everyone underachieves again this year .

Unfortunately, Cooper is in the inner circle and has a Hahn-like lifetime contract.  Maybe they can make him pitching coach emeritus...i

55 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Yes, nobody is ever allowed to get better. That is what I keep hearing from everyone here. A player gets to the Majors and he already is what he is. You can never improve, you can never get better at anything. Good to know. We're all doomed. 

It's fine to be skeptical but to say nobody can improve defies all logic. 

Shit has really hit the fan here. It is getting to the point where rational discussion is no longer possible. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes, nobody is ever allowed to get better. That is what I keep hearing from everyone here. A player gets to the Majors and he already is what he is. You can never improve, you can never get better at anything. Good to know. We're all doomed. 

Shit has really hit the fan here. It is getting to the point where rational discussion is no longer possible. 

Yes it gets old. Baseball experts with emotional outbursts. I hope Banuelos gets it together. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

This starting pitching staff  is really bad. I would sure like to see the White Sox sign Dallas Keuchel. He's still a free agent and would fit into our rotation easily.

Keuchel wouldn't be any better than anyone we already have. I don't trust him one iota in GRF and I think he's going to be either injured, lit up like a cheap xmas tree or both wherever he signs. Keuchel is the next Shields. Stay far away Hahn. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I guess the negative nancy’s Are getting primed for the regular season 

Just now, elrockinMT said:

I guess the negative nancy’s Are getting primed for the regular season 

I'm usually classified in that group but the amount of overt negativity is becoming grating. We're all pissed they failed on Machado. We're all pissed they wouldn't pony up for Harper. Guess what? There's still reason for optimism. Not everything is doom and gloom. You can still find enjoyment out of this baseball season. I was pissed for 2 weekas and now I'm ready to move on. We should just all accept they're not signing FA outside of the bargain bin and move on. 

49 minutes ago, Jake said:

Good to see everyone is handling bad performances by players on the fringe of the roster well.

Except the pitchers who got shelled today are going to be counted on somewhat heavily this season. It's not like some nameless guy wearing #87 got rocked.

47 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Show me where I said "nobody can improve?"

49 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That was a close one and the broadcast was cut short. I hope Banuelos is healthy and will get it together. Sox hitting some home runs. 

38 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Considering the date, I wouldn’t take much out of these games, good or bad. 

They are for for entertainment purposes only, Unfortunately, today was about as entertaining as the past few seasons.

All games, including the regular season are entertainment only.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You can still find enjoyment out of this baseball season. 

If (maybe) winning 70 games passes as "enjoyment" for you then I admire your definition of the word. Not trying to be sarcastic but when you've had the past 12 years like the Sox have which by and large have been awful, its hard to find enjoyment in the game...maybe in some individual performances, but the object is to win, that's why they keep score and the Sox have been brutally bad at winning.

Doesn't mean I'm going to give up on them before anybody spits that nonsense out, I was born and raised in Chicago, I'm a Sox fan and I'll stay a Sox fan but this season is going to be pretty rough once again and we shouldn't delude ourselves otherwise.

• Like 1