04/09/2019 Sox vs Rays

Santana up about 2mph compared to last year, so he has at least restored his health somewhat. Down about 2mph from 2017. He clearly has no feel for his stuff though. We might be paying for skipping his spot more than anything.

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

Signing a guy like Morton makes little sense for a tanking team. 

I think one of the reasons the White Sox are a tanking team is the number of bad players they have signed. At this point, I don't care if it "makes sense" or not, I'd like them to acquire an actual good player.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Overreacting post of the day:

Hahn should be fired for assembling the 2019 team.  

No team - i guarantee - will have gotten less WAR for their dollars than the 2018-19 white sox acquisitions.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think one of the reasons the White Sox are a tanking team is the number of bad players they have signed. At this point, I don't care if it "makes sense" or not, I'd like them to acquire an actual good player.

Nah. Let the kids play and take your 100 losses like a man. Guys like Stephens or Banuelos should be starting over Santana. 

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Alonso might only be hitting .148, but he's great in the clubhouse. Has these guys really playing well.

I do, 100%, believe they should have mixed more vets with rookies for pitchers. But with so many young pitchers they should have had 5-6 more player dev and coaching guys on the field to assist.