Luis Robert, others Promoted

soxfan49

Also while on the subject of the AA outfield for as crappy as Gonzalez's line looks, hes maintained his discipline and is nearly 100 points below his career BABIP. I look forward to him getting acclimated and doing what he does; additionally he could spend all this year and half of next year at AA and still make the bigs at 24. Its good to see how some of these prospects deal with adversity and this is coming from someone who called the sox drafting Luis, 2 years ago.

6 minutes ago, beautox said:

Also while on the subject of the AA outfield for as crappy as Gonzalez's line looks, hes maintained his discipline and is nearly 100 points below his career BABIP. I look forward to him getting acclimated and doing what he does; additionally he could spend all this year and half of next year at AA and still make the bigs at 24. Its good to see how some of these prospects deal with adversity and this is coming from someone who called the sox drafting Luis, 2 years ago.

AA is the league man. It's legit hard, and if they survive there you can pretty much count on seeing them in bigs in some capacity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

I pretty much agree with this. If he succeeds in AA, and I mean really succeeds, not his w-s numbers but .500 slugging, > .330 obp, then it's time. With the major league balls in AAA it's just a bandbox. He'll learn more in bigs.

Yeah, about guess it is past time to worry about anyone else's service time. The clock is already ticking on the guys already at the MLB level, so get the team competitive asap. He should go straight up to the Majors if he rakes in Birmingham. 

Cease, Collins and Robert should be called up as soon as the FO decides they're ready. 

I'm not counting on anything from Adolfo because of injuries and lack of options. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

AA is the league man. It's legit hard, and if they survive there you can pretty much count on seeing them in bigs in some capacity.

My expectation is that both of the Luis' make it to the bigs in some capacity.

37 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

He's gonna be bad for a couple weeks and strike out a ton and then get in a groove and force the issue again, IMO 

Saying he's going to be bad is a bold take.

A guy with a 1400 OPS at A+ projects to put up an OPS north of 1250 at AA. Obviously there may be some regression, but I just don't think people are grasping how great Luis Robert has been. He isn't playing the same game as everyone else.

If Robert is great at AA, Robert won't see any time at AAA.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, beautox said:

He needs to start hitting the ball with some authority. Good plate discipline numbers, but his ISO is atrocious right now. That park is hard, and the league in general greatly suppresses offense, but he's going to have to get his slugging above .400.

• Like 1

Who is going to provide him with some "protection" in that horrible excuse for an offense, that the Barons have been trotting out? I hope that he's prepared to take some walks, because if he establishes himself as a bonafide offensive threat, on that team, opposing pitchers are likely to just go around him.

Edited by Lillian

4 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Do you guys really think there's a chance he could be in Chicago this season?

I don’t think that it will happen, but I very well think it could. We saw Juan Soto go from Low-A to the Majors in like half of a season.

Luis is putting up otherworldly numbers at this point, and he is talented to make that jump this season, I believe. 

However, I think that Luis will play a minimum of two months in Birmingham, and will go to Charlotte after that. Two months in Birmingham would be through June. He could then start in Charlotte on July 1st. If he continued to hit like he is, I could see the Sox calling him up in August.

7 minutes ago, mqr said:

Lineup protection is 95% myth anyway

I remember that discussion, we had here, and the article that was cited. However, it is pretty hard to deny, when a team deliberately goes around a player, who is clearly so much better than the rest of the lineup. If teams refuse to pitch to him, I don't see how anyone can realistically expect him to be able to put up big offensive numbers. That Baron's lineup is full of guys hitting around .200, or lower. Why would an opposing team pitch to a guy, who represented a real threat, when they can simply walk him and take their chances with one of those guys, hitting below the "Mendoza line"?

Edited by Lillian

Just now, Lillian said:

I hope they promote Booker to Charlotte, so that Rutherford and Gonzalez can both continue to get playing time. Booker should stay in the lead off spot, which is where they are probably planning to bat Robert.

Booker did get promoted to Charlotte. He has been with the Knights the last two games.

44 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If he's great for about 1+ month at AA, he will skip AAA entirely and be with the big club come mid-June.

If the sox are going to bring him up this year, this is the route I would prefer.  Otherwise just wait until this time next year and secure the extra season.  For the love of god, don't just promote him late August or September. So stupid IMO.  

where are all these OF in AA going to play?  Gonzalez, Rutherford, Basabe, Adolfo and Robert are all on the AA roster now.  I know Adolfo is on the DL right now, but there are still 4 guys that should be playing everyday, and 5 once he comes back.  Maybe Basabe or Gonzalez to AAA and Guyer or Tucker released when that happens.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

where are all these OF in AA going to play?  Gonzalez, Rutherford, Basabe, Adolfo and Robert are all on the AA roster now.  I know Adolfo is on the DL right now, but there are still 4 guys that should be playing everyday, and 5 once he comes back.  Maybe Basabe or Gonzalez to AAA and Guyer or Tucker released when that happens.  

I would guess that Basabe to Charlotte would be the first domino to fall. Luis Gonzalez would be next, I would assume.