Rumor: Cease will be called up "very soon"

Sockin

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

We are on the precipice of some fun times. Cease promo, Vaughn selection, Keuchel/Kimbrel signing, Robert promo, 2019 playoffs 😁

If the FO agrees with you we will extend Colome and Abreu soon.  If they think the window is further out they are massive trade chips not unlike Eaton and Q.  We are in the catbird seat IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

IIRC, the Dodgers had Joc doing some big event a day or two after the rumor broke and was all over twitter.  That may have had something to do with it.  Perhaps he asked about it and they told him we're not trading you, don't worry, and then they had to pull it back.  Still seems silly.  

If anything, the "leak" probably gave LA time to reflect on what an absolutely fucking terrible trade (what was rumored to be the return) would have been.... 

2 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

We are on the precipice of some fun times. Cease promo, Vaughn selection, Keuchel/Kimbrel signing, Robert promo, 2019 playoffs 😁

As much as I'd like to believe this the only ones I think happen is the Cease promo and Vaughn selection. If Robert is promoted it'll be to AAA . Sox are not going to sign K n' K.

4 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Hey that looks like a fun game!  Let me play:

I will win $10M and Kate Beckinsale will be in my bed tonight!  😁

Wow, that was easy.

2 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

As much as I'd like to believe this the only ones I think happen is the Cease promo and Vaughn selection. If Robert is promoted it'll be to AAA . Sox are not going to sign K n' K.

It seems crazy but it’s actually not that far fetched. Sox were ready to spend $31M on Machado this season. That money didn’t go towards any other signings after Machado signed with the Padres. Simply reallocate that same money to sign Keuchel and Kimbrel. A July/August promotion of Robert isn’t that far fetched either if they are in the race. 

• Haha 1

Cease may have a lot of talent, but I don't know if he will dominate like many fans anticipate. Talent or not, he will still be a rookie. But if the organization thinks he's ready, they should not hesitate to call him up. That's a rebuild is about in the end. Better to call up a prospect than trade for one.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You never know with Jerry.   He got us Abreu,Fisk and Belle.  Every time people said he was to cheap to get it accomplished.

33 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Sell high for a change, please.

Colome needs to go.  I've wanted Abreu gone for a couple years but I think he's more valuable to us since we won't get anything for him.  HOU really could use him but I doubt we would get any real prospect for him.

• Like 1