Jump to content
soxfan49

All Star Jose Abreu

Recommended Posts

Now this one was a shocker lol. I wonder what @ron883 thinks about this.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have preferred Yoan or the top of the game selection for Timmy even tho he wouldn’t be able to play. But good for Jose!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He’d be fun to see in the HR derby too. 

Someone else I’d rather see in that too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mqr said:

Someone else I’d rather see in that too

Ehhh I’d rather not fuck with Eloy, and IMO you should be an all star to be in HR derby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Now this one was a shocker lol. I wonder what @ron883 thinks about this.

Will he have his signature half can of dip in his lip when he is up to bat? The same way that he does it with the White Sox, which is illegal in Chicago might I add. Hopefully he chooses to be a better role model during the all Star game

Edited by ron883
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Will he have his signature half can of dip in his lip when he is up to bat? The same way that he does it with the White Sox, which is illegal in Chicago might I add. Hopefully he chooses to be a better role model during the all Star game

Priceless and like clockwork.  And since when is chewing tobacco illegal in Chicago?

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Will he have his signature half can of dip in his lip when he is up to bat? The same way that he does it with the White Sox, which is illegal in Chicago might I add. Hopefully he chooses to be a better role model during the all Star game

Your trolling really needs work if this is the best you got for this thread 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Will he have his signature half can of dip in his lip when he is up to bat? The same way that he does it with the White Sox, which is illegal in Chicago might I add. Hopefully he chooses to be a better role model during the all Star game

Lmfao wow

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes! I feel vindicated again. Congratulations to one class act ... Mr. Jose Abreu, one outstanding baseball player and by all accounts, team leader.

JOSE BABY!!! Good job, sir. Have fun at the all star game.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I know RBI's dont matter in the metric world but the actual damage and counting stats you have achieved matters for All-star selections.

I can't believe runs scored and RBIs means nothing to the advanced stat people. I mean I understand those who understand advanced stats are so advanced in their knowledge of modern baseball, but an RBI means you actually knocked in a run. Runs win games. Yet the ability to knock in runs at a rapid rate -- at one of the best rates on the entire team -- means nothing. Baseball has passed me by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I can't believe runs scored and RBIs means nothing to the advanced stat people. I mean I understand those who understand advanced stats are so advanced in their knowledge of modern baseball, but an RBI means you actually knocked in a run. Runs win games. Yet the ability to knock in runs at a rapid rate -- at one of the best rates on the entire team -- means nothing. Baseball has passed me by.

No, it still means something.  I don’t think anyone hates Abreu except for Ron and most wouldn’t mind seeing him resigned to be our DH going forward once Vaughn takes over 1B.  A hometown discount would be nice though.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popular teams like the  Yankees, Cubs, and Red Sox get “popularly good” but not necessarily totally deserving all star selections all the time. Their fans revel in it as a chance to throw their weight around. Meanwhile, a portion of our fans hate on Abreu for receiving the same treatment.

I’m proud that one of our players has the reputation of being an all star even if the advanced metrics aren’t totally there. Good for him and good for us. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Yes! I feel vindicated again. Congratulations to one class act ... Mr. Jose Abreu, one outstanding baseball player and by all accounts, team leader.

JOSE BABY!!! Good job, sir. Have fun at the all star game.

I guess home runs and rbi's do count after all.  You have been vindicated by the baseball Gods.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Popular teams like the  Yankees, Cubs, and Red Sox get “popularly good” but not necessarily totally deserving all star selections all the time. Their fans revel in it as a chance to throw their weight around. Meanwhile, a portion of our fans hate on Abreu for receiving the same treatment.

Great post Greg Hibbard!!! I never thought of it that way but you are spot on. It's funny cause Jose's BA is what is sub-standard maybe for an all star. Yet the haters insist BA doesn't matter ... I guess it doesn't matter unless you are Jose Abreu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, poppysox said:

I guess home runs and rbi's do count after all.  You have been vindicated by the baseball Gods.

Thanks poppy! Some of us like to celebrate when our favorite players get rewarded. Abreu appears to be the kind of guy who not only deserves to be there but will really really enjoy being there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Will he have his signature half can of dip in his lip when he is up to bat? The same way that he does it with the White Sox, which is illegal in Chicago might I add. Hopefully he chooses to be a better role model during the all Star game

Good grief you are ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Priceless and like clockwork.  And since when is chewing tobacco illegal in Chicago?

Can't do it in a ballpark. He breaks the law everytime he does

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ron883 said:

Will he have his signature half can of dip in his lip when he is up to bat? The same way that he does it with the White Sox, which is illegal in Chicago might I add. Hopefully he chooses to be a better role model during the all Star game

Any credibility you had regarding your analysis of Jose is gone with this post.  Did he kick your dog or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×