Home Sweet Home: White Sox vs Marlins 7:10 CT (Nova vs Richards)

Richie

• bmags pinned this topic

I like the shake up by Ricky.

However we still have Nova on the mound. I did not think he was this bad. Even if he pitched to his career average about a 4.50 era ....we would be a much better team every 5th day.

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’m actually fine with the lineup, but I don’t have the boner for Yoan in the 2 hole that most here have. 

2s probably the best spot but I’m not going to complain if he’s 3-5 either. 

Ricky has it so close with Moncada, he should switch him and Abreu. Moncada 3rd and Abreu 4th and I'd like this much better. Jay should be 1st or 2nd because he sees lots of pitches and gets hits, but has no power. 

When Eloy and Timmay come back, I'd go: 

1. Garcia

2. Jay

3. Moncada

4. Jimenez

5. Abreu

6. Reed

7. McCann/Anderson

8.  McCann/Anderson

9. Sanchez

Edited by Jack Parkman

22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ricky has it so close with Moncada, he should switch him and Abreu. Moncada 3rd and Abreu 4th and I'd like this much better. Jay should be 1st or 2nd because he sees lots of pitches and gets hits, but has no power. 

1. Garcia

2. Jay

3. Moncada

4. Jimenez

5. Abreu

6. Reed

7. McCann/Anderson

8.  McCann/Anderson

9. Sanchez

Not bad...get Robert & Madrigal up and I find it very watchable.

52 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

1. Garcia

2. Jay

3. Moncada

4. Jimenez

5. Abreu

6. Reed

7. McCann/Anderson

8.  McCann/Anderson

9. Sanchez

There isn't a single reason on God's green earth to give Reed and Jay more PA than Anderson.  Anderson is still developing give him the PA.  Reed slotting in 6th is sickening he's done nothing to get a longer look he should be 7th imo with Yolmer always 8th and you put the high OBP slug Jay 9th to help get guys on for Moncada and Eloy.

TA slots in nicely at 3 or 5 but that would require rustling the 105 wRC+ Jimmies of Jose "I'm a 1B" Abreu.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Also, I'm an idiot...

I initially had the first-pitch time at "8:10 CT".

I live in the eastern time zone. So I was thinking "8:10 for me" while typing the title. I know most are on central time as they live in the Chicago area. So, my brain got all crossed up. Bottom line, it's fixed. lol

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

I actually like power in the 2 hole.  I think if I'm not mistaken, the stats people say put your 2 best hitters 2 and 3 so they get more at bats.

You want your best hitter 2nd usually.   Most saber guys will say the 3rd spot is highly over rated.  It's more important to not have 3 easy outs in a row so you might want to swap your traditional 7th hitter for your 3rd hitter just to make sure you have more of a balanced lineup.