2019 World Series

flavum

31 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Adam Eaton is and was a significantly better baseball player than most White Sox fans & media give him credit for.

White Sox fans pretty much agreed that he was the best defensive RF in the game and an All-Star quality bat.

He's just also insane.

45 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Adam Eaton is and was a significantly better baseball player than most White Sox fans & media give him credit for.

I don't agree. I think we all thought pretty highly of him until that LaRoche shit, and then we especially liked him again when he returned us a monster package back in a trade.

12 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

No one disputed he was a good player. They just thought he was a psychological disaster. Furthermore, before that homer he's had a pretty bad October fwiw.

Four hour two minute game. Ridiculous Game Three.

It's amazing baseball has any fan backing considering smart phones and the attention span of people nowadays. Think in terms of a movie. One hour and 40 minutes is about as long as you'll find any movie unless it's some artsy classic going for all the awards. A two-hour movie better be damn good to keep you in your seat.

Baseball routinely plays these long long games and it's silly and sad. Speed it up, folks. A 4-1 boring game shouldn't take 4 hours to play. My gosh, baseball, wake up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pcq said:

The Nats seem to feel their old school system of scouting beats modern analytics. Sounds a little close-minded and premature. 

There are different ways to win pennants. The stat lovers have to realize you can still win pennants in other ways. Old man Kendrick for example has had a decent postseason.

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

That’s probably the stupidest article I’ve ever read.

First off, you could find discussions on the causes of World War I that aren’t as long. Yet Hannah dashes in to the fray to write 17 paragraphs about her idiotic feelings.

Second, this Vox-style explanatory journalism needs to end already. The one remotely intelligent thing this lady writes is this: “My job is to see and hear things and then relay them to the public.”

Great point! So do that. If I want a complex situation explained to me (and the firing of Brandon Taubman is not such a situation), I’ll find an appropriate expert. Journalists have no real talent to offer beyond writing ability, and from what I’ve seen, somebody who sends professional emails in the armed forces or corporate America probably does that better anyhow.

Fuck the haters. Go ‘Stros!

12 hours ago, greg775 said:

Four hour two minute game. Ridiculous Game Three.

It's amazing baseball has any fan backing considering smart phones and the attention span of people nowadays. Think in terms of a movie. One hour and 40 minutes is about as long as you'll find any movie unless it's some artsy classic going for all the awards. A two-hour movie better be damn good to keep you in your seat.

Baseball routinely plays these long long games and it's silly and sad. Speed it up, folks. A 4-1 boring game shouldn't take 4 hours to play. My gosh, baseball, wake up.

I think part of it is because they have to reel in that advertising revenue.  

2 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I love how the NL has no DH. It makes managing more interesting.   I had a feeling the Astros would win this one with Grienke.

In that game we had Greinke up with runners on first and third one out and he bunted a guy to second. We had Sanchez come up with one out and a guy on 3rd and he flailed away as an out. An easy out in a spot that could key a rally as opposed to Zimmerman or Alvarez coming up where we’ve got a battle in an RBI situation? Give me the challenge, not the weak bunt of one runner over.

12 hours ago, greg775 said:

There are different ways to win pennants. The stat lovers have to realize you can still win pennants in other ways. Old man Kendrick for example has had a decent postseason.

The 2 teams with the highest OBP in baseball in 2019 were the Astros and Nationals.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

In that game we had Greinke up with runners on first and third one out and he bunted a guy to second. We had Sanchez come up with one out and a guy on 3rd and he flailed away as an out. An easy out in a spot that could key a rally as opposed to Zimmerman or Alvarez coming up where we’ve got a battle in an RBI situation? Give me the challenge, not the weak bunt of one runner over.

Ricky would disagree with you.  

I don’t care one iota that he’s a rookie but when my starter in the World Series has thrown 2 hits through 5 innings and only 67 pitches in a shutout there’s no way on Earth he doesn’t start the 6th inning.

You have a 4 run lead. Go to the bullpen once he has a base runner or two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

So apparently, just learned from the telecast that Urquiddy had a tryout for the Sox...funnt because when I thought to myself that Urquiddy seems like a White Sox guy.

except for the pitching in the post season and an era under 7

Apparently you cannot win a World Series game if you introduce your team to the Avengers theme. Which is a shame because that’s a great home team intro.

Scherzer and Strasbourg vs Cole and Verlander to decide the way this series goes. I like that. Let’s rock.