Successful Plan B; What’s Next?

SoxBlanco

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Okay so if our plan is for Collins to be a backup to a real catcher for three years when McCann leaves, that probably means we don't think he is a worthy catcher right now. So why would Pitt want a guy who they can't DH, have no need for at 1st, and sucks as a catcher right now?

Why would the A’s want Semien as SS when we knew he couldn’t play there? 

Not every scouting department sees things exactly the same way, and ours sure isn’t infallible. Not saying whether Collins is or isn’t a capable catcher because I haven’t watched him enough, but it’s certainly not crazy that another team would be willing to take that chance. Especially since Collins would have a near elite bat if he can stay behind the plate 

• Like 1

Full disclosure I'm full on the Big Dick Nick train and shamelessly shill for him while downplaying his defense.

Pay👏that👏man👏

He REALLY looks like a late bloomer with the stick and I think he ages much better than someone like Ozuna. His power numbers have been creeping up every year for 3 years.  He knows the Central, GRF OF is not some engineering monstrosity like Comerica, the dude fucks at the plate.  Do it.

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't think you're blatantly lying about something I said, I think you are just mis-remembering, but I never once was against the Price acquisition so please don't attempt to belittle my point by lying about something I said. You got two people to laugh and think you were right though, so you got that going for you. I said I would be all for the deal, and I never said the Red Sox would have to add any money.

I never said you were against the Price Acquisition either, you said you wouldn't do it without a good amount of money attached. Here's the posts. 

On 11/7/2019 at 1:02 PM, Balta1701 said:

Now that I've got you to more reasonable numbers; if Boston included $20 million total, is that a deal you'd do? It's not perfectly balanced but there's a lot of upside for the White Sox to get 2 good players right now.

On 11/7/2019 at 1:18 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Now we're getting closer. We are at a point, finally!, in which present value is as valuable to the Sox as future value. 

You throw in the 20 million, dropping Price down to a more reasonable 25 million a year and now I see some equality.