Trade Market for Starting Pitchers...

caulfield12

2 minutes ago, MyNamesRod said:

I could see a deal like this taking a long time to materialize though. It’s gotta be hard finding the right mix of prospects and money being exchanged 

A couple weeks ago the White Sox would have been requesting a lot more money back than what they'd be doing now, given this pitching market. If they wanted to do it, it's actually gotten easier the last couple days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cjgalloway said:

What about another wild Yankees one.... Stanton/Happ.  (Yankees giving lots of cash back)

8 years $264M remaining.  Marlins send $30M if he doesn't opt out after 2020.  He could win the 2020 AL MVP, and he still isn't opting out.  So really 8 years $234M.  How much do they need to send along with Happ to make that a reasonable deal?  $8M per year for the balance of the contract making it effectively $21M AAV?  

Would be interesting, that is for sure.  

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

8 years $264M remaining.  Marlins send $30M if he doesn't opt out after 2020.  He could win the 2020 AL MVP, and he still isn't opting out.  So really 8 years $234M.  How much do they need to send along with Happ to make that a reasonable deal?  $uM per year for the balance of the contract making it effectively $21M AAV?  

WIth his health history I don't see any way I'd consider taking him on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

8 years $264M remaining.  Marlins send $30M if he doesn't opt out after 2020.  He could win the 2020 AL MVP, and he still isn't opting out.  So really 8 years $234M.  How much do they need to send along with Happ to make that a reasonable deal?  $uM per year for the balance of the contract making it effectively $21M AAV?  

Stanton is owed a gigantic sum of money that the Sox should want no part of 

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, I am not campaigning for it dude.  Just having a discussion as we sit around waiting for something real to talk about.  

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=pit&lg=all&qual=80&type=8&season=2019&month=0&season1=2019&ind=0&team=&rost=&age=&filter=&players=&page=1_30

I keep trying to figure out which starter(s) may potentially be available via trade. Boyd? Thor? Gray? 

It is not easy to find fits at a glance who are available

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s wrong with him?

He had surgery on his left wrist to have a cyst removed at the end of September.  He was not expected to miss any time in Spring Training or the regular season.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisCotillo/status/1175791346243837952

“The southpaw has been dealing with a triangular fibrocartilage complex (TFCC) cyst in his left wrist, and he is still struggling to throw breaking balls without pain.“

Edited by Moan4Yoan