Rodon leaves game early, Dunning next up?

southsider2k5

52 minutes ago, Capital G said:

As much as I love Dunning lets not rush him up. I'd rather see Flores get the shot. But sadly I am guessing Detweiler will

Unlike seasons with minor leagues we have no clue how guys have been looking while throwing, go with whoever has looked the best would be my call. Already passed the service time deadline for this year so that doesn’t matter as much.

50 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Unlike seasons with minor leagues we have no clue how guys have been looking while throwing, go with whoever has looked the best would be my call. Already passed the service time deadline for this year so that doesn’t matter as much.

Guy’s also 25 so it’s kind of a now or never deal. 

4 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

Guy’s also 25 so it’s kind of a now or never deal. 

Not really when he’s missed that much time, as long as we still have control over him and options for another year.if he’s not throwing well now, you might get dramatic improvement by next year with resumes work and a more normal schedule.

37 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Starting Pitchers

Clay Buchholz (35)
Andrew Cashner (33)
Marco Estrada (36)
Matt Harvey (31)  
Clayton Richard (36) 
signed with White Sox already
Danny Salazar (30)
Aaron Sanchez (27)
Jason Vargas (37)

Since when did we sign Richard?  I'd honestly be fine with a flier on most of these guys.

Buckholz, Salazar, Harvey, Vargas.  I believe Sanchez is out with an injury, no?

1 hour ago, sin city sox fan said:

If this season finishes (highly unlikely), pitching staffs across the league are going to be a MASH unit.   The training camp was not sufficient for them and they are dropping like flys everyone.    I still think Kopech was smarter than most by sitting out this debacle.

Pitchers are always dropping like flies. We notice it more now because we are looking for it. The last few years have seen a lot of our big pitchers go down. 

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

For the record, I would bet that Lail is a temporary call up until the Rodon slot comes around again at which time the team will add another starter, and move someone (probably Lial) out.

You were right. Good call. I would've rather seen Dunning come up though.

22 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Not a huge fan of the Cueto fit as he is signed through next year (with an option in 2022, buyout at $5 mill). I guess one extra year wouldn't be too bad, but if they were to trade for someone with another year on their contract, I'd probably just cut bait with Rodon.

I was a big proponent of giving Rodon another shot in 2020, but if he's toast for this year, his Sox career is ovah.  Damn shame, really.  

• Like 1