Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Gotta give to get and we'd still have Cease Dunning , Lopez, Stiever, Thompson and Dahlquist.

12 years of control for a potential TOR starter and perennial gold glove 2nd baseman for 34 starts of a 34 year old is not a good value. Give them Dunning, Collins and Stiever and maybe you can stomach that. And Thompson and Dahlquist are too unproven to know at this point.

Edited by EloyJenkins
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The team is already very young but playing wining baseball. Madrigal and others represent a continued stream of success . But we have to weigh the future chances against current chances. Pitching wins championships especially when you already have a good but young BP and good hitting and lead the league in DRS.

Keep as much pitching as you can and if have to deal some then choose among Lopez and guys who are further away. Keep Cease and Dunning. WE will need them after 2021 when Lynn is gone with hopefully a World Series ring already on their fingers.

Yes pitching wins. However if you need to include a kopech and striver they will limit their future run. The yo8ng hitters are locked up for 5-6 years.  Odds are not all of the pitchers are going to last that long. Trading away too many of the means they will need to look outside. You know they wont do that for the high priced ones.

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Gotta give to get and we'd still have Cease Dunning , Lopez, Stiever, Thompson and Dahlquist and more importantly 2 great chances to win this year and next year and no need to pay big bucks for a starter if Kopech isnt ready again . Value World Series dont over value Kopechs perceived instant ability to contribute after 2 years off

Our young core is locked up for the next five years for the most part.  I’m all for sacrificing some depth to improve our chances this year, but trading Kopech & Madrigal for Lynn would be such a stupid move and I say that as perhaps the biggest fan of Lance on this board.  We do not have to go all in on this season.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I think he got lucky by throwing a bunch of crap against the wall. It feels like he has been doing a lot of that lately

I think the reality is most trade talks don’t amount to anything.  We’re probably out there trying to sell teams on Lopez, Stiever, Dalquist, Collins, Adolfo, Rutherford, etc for their impact players.  I have no doubt Hahn is trying to improve the team, but my guess is he’s only going to do it on his terms.  Probably doesn’t work, but in this market maybe it’s worth a shot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Our young core is locked up for the next five years for the most part.  I’m all for sacrificing some depth to improve our chances this year, but trading Kopech & Madrigal for Lynn would be such a stupid move and I say that as perhaps the biggest fan of Lance on this board.  We do not have to go all in on this season.

Baseball Trade Values has Lynn and Kopech pretty much equal value. Adding Madrigal makes it too rich but it will likely be a competitive situation (NYY, Dodgers, Braves, etc.). If Kopech is untouchable I doubt we can compete, but Kopech alone doesn't get it done. Personally, I'm not as high on Kopech as others here and I would include him with maybe Collins as a sweetener.

• Thanks 1

I’m fine trading kopech and Madrigal but want more impact. 

Once they are gone you don’t get those bullets back.

I do wish we’d stop throwing dalquist and Thompson around as part of our pitching depth. I am fans as pucks, but we are talking about kids we haven’t even see pitch above rookie ball. There’s a long way to go before they are even the value you’d want to trade.

To elaborate, a pitcher like Lynn is going to be available. He’s great, no doubt.

But if I’m trading some of the biggest chips we have left I want guys that aren’t easily available. That’s degrom.

And Is say he’s not available anyway. Nor clevinger. but you gotta go for the big gains at this point. 

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yes they are locked up and if you think we can win a World Series this year and next waiting for one of Cease , Dunning, Kopech, Lopez ,Rodon , Crochet to greatly contribute to 20 and 21 I respect that. But if they dont and you have to compete on the open market for the few quality starters available with Jerry holding the purse strings tightly, I'm more inclined to take my chances now at a cheap guy for the 2 years rather than wait for the young cores years to slip away waiting to internally find another 1 or 2 SP.

32 minutes ago, Flash said:

Baseball Trade Values has Lynn and Kopech pretty much equal value. Adding Madrigal makes it too rich but it will likely be a competitive situation (NYY, Dodgers, Braves, etc.). If Kopech is untouchable I doubt we can compete, but Kopech alone doesn't get it done. Personally, I'm not as high on Kopech as others here and I would include him with maybe Collins as a sweetener.

I’m guessing the Rangers would accept Kopech straight up for Lynn in a heart-beat.

1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

12 years of control for a potential TOR starter and perennial gold glove 2nd baseman for 34 starts of a 34 year old is not a good value. Give them Dunning, Collins and Stiever and maybe you can stomach that. And Thompson and Dahlquist are too unproven to know at this point.

Sanchez won a gold glove, how is that helping him ? I love how he's already winning multiple gold gloves .

Spin the potential into gold if you want and spin Lynn as some old guy who will make 34 uneventful starts instead of a likely Cy Young candidate this year and a huge boost to our weakest link

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m guessing the Rangers would accept Kopech straight up for Lynn in a heart-beat.

Good done deal then . 2 shots at a world series giving up one guy who hasn't done anything in 2 years and definitely wont contribute this year and isnt likely to contribute much next year either.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Good done deal then . 2 shots at a world series giving up one guy who hasn't done anything in 2 years and definitely wont contribute this year and isnt likely to contribute much next year either.

But could be our ace the four years after that while core is still under control and in their prime.  If we trade Kopech, it has to be for a starter with more control than just one full year and one partial.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But could be our ace the four years after that while core is still under control and in their prime.  If we trade Kopech, it has to be for a starter with more control than just one full year and one partial.

But could be means or he could not be. Just what are you doing to improve our chances for 20 and 21? Waiting ?

21 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That would be a fine deal. However, I doubt they accept it and offering another top prospect would make it too much. 

12 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The only way I would trade Kopech is if he was part of a package for deGrom. That’s it.

Kopechs future is suspect at this point and very likely not to make much impact until 2022 if even then. We dont even know if baseball is still his top priority. Trade him before he becomes a social worker or runs off to be with a guru. Unfair I know. But when everyone else was crapping on him for opting out I said it could be smartest decision he could make. Not prioritizing baseball in itself isnt a bad thing but it is to a team and fans expecting big things from him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That would be a fine deal. However, I doubt they accept it and offering another top prospect would make it too much. 

Only one way to see if they accept it. Chicago White Sox says they accept it in a heartbeat.  You say you doubt it.All depends on the other offers .