Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX NO HITTER WINNER

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

Because we get so much of the opposite talk...

Benettis 9th was masterful. It had me so amped.

I've never heard an announcer who sounded as nervous as the pitcher looked lol. I wouldn't want it that way every time, but it was perfect tonight, really made me feel the nerves too

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Especially in the 7th / 8th / 9th it seemed like if it wasn’t a clear ball, they were whiffing. Such a masterpiece tonight

He’s so much better than them that they were missing pitches that Lucas would definitely state weren’t thrown well

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

I've never heard an announcer who sounded as nervous as the pitcher looked lol. I wouldn't want it that way every time, but it was perfect tonight, really made me feel the nerves too

Didn't catch it live unfortunately - I somehow missed the MLB alerts of "GIOLITO NO HITTER INTO THE 8th"

Went back and watched the 9th and Benetti was on point during that inning.

This comes at an awesome time to keep up the momentum with the fan base from last week’s fireworks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This comes at an awesome time to keep up the momentum with the fan base from last week’s fireworks. 

A special night I’ll remember regardless. But man that stadium would have been rocking tonight

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

A special night I’ll remember regardless. But man that stadium would have been rocking tonight

Told my kids today tonight would have been a game I would have gone to

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

Definitely- it sucks for Giolito that he didn’t get the thrill of a stadium erupting on that last catch. Obviously tossing a no-hitter must feel amazing, but hearing that roar of the crowd must also be one hell of a feeling  

Edited by Chris Sale

40 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Would you say that he was...LIGHTS OUT?!?!

LIGHTS OUT LUCAS

LFG has a new meaning now

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

Definitely- it sucks for Giolito that he didn’t get the thrill of a stadium erupting on that last catch. Obviously tossing a no-hitter must feel great, but hearing that roar of the crowd must really be one hell of a felling 

Think of the silver lining - a lot of people have been stressed as hell due to this pandemic and Lucas Giolito just gave them some momentary happiness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

Aug 25th was on partial plan!  I would have been there tonight. 

16 minutes ago, Chris Sale said:

Definitely- it sucks for Giolito that he didn’t get the thrill of a stadium erupting on that last catch. Obviously tossing a no-hitter must feel great, but hearing that roar of the crowd must really be one hell of a felling 

What sucks alsl is that he can't go out to celebrate. 

• Like 1

I ran downstairs and grabbed my dad after the top of the 8th. Grabbed a couple of the Sox goose islands in the fridge and watched history together. What a good night.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

Oh hell yeah. Some people like going to “good” games... I like going to games sox are likely to win 

An absolute masterpiece by Giolito and the one mistake he made Sox had great positioning and Engel with a GREAT catch.  Couldn't have happened to a better guy.  Giolito is calling up on SVP soon.

It really needs to be said, while the Giolito no hitter is incredible by itself, but to get 13 strikeouts and still only throw 101 pitches? That is insane.

30 swings and misses.

It was the very definition of domination.

• Like 4

@Jack Parkman if anybody deserves credit here, it's me. 

3 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Giolito is throwing a perfect game tonight.

I had this called in the 2nd inning. I was ONE WALK off from calling this game correctly. My eye for talent saw what Giolito had tonight. Give credit where credit is due, folks.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Oh hell yeah. Some people like going to “good” games... I like going to games sox are likely to win 

Exactly, this was as likely a Sox win in many years