Addressing the OF shortage (Robert Injury Spinoff)

Texsox

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

All it costs is money ? You do know who our owner is don't you ? We got a starting pitcher for a year with an $8M salary for a MLB/pitching prospect with 6 yrs of eligibility when the SOx could've just spent on one.

Yeah they could have spent 45 million a year on Bauer or signed an inferior pitcher to Lynn.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Defensive metrics are borderline useless for a single season worth of data, let alone 20odd,games.

So then Gallo doesn’t have enough play in CF to actually claim he’s much more than average to below average for that position...for those who watch him day in and day out, such as scouts or Rangers’ fans.

What should happen: LF Vaughn, CF Engel, RF Eaton Bench: C Collins; OF Garcia; OF Hamilton; IF Mendick.

What likely will happen w/ TLR: LF Lamb/Vaughn CF Garcia RF Eaton. Bench: C Collins; OF Hamilton; IF/OF Lamb; (Everyday Garcia plays IF when not CF); OF Engel.

Just now, ron883 said:

That .400~ OBP Gallo can put up will totally piss off all the Sox fans here! 

Grandal has a .324 OBP despite hitting .130 and most of the fanbase hates him.

Gallo has a chance to be Adam Dunn that can play defense, I'll say that much. I wish he'd actually go back to hitting for more power, as he's basically a single/walk guy right now.

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

So then Gallo doesn’t have enough play in CF to actually claim he’s much more than average to below average for that position...for those who watch him day in and day out, such as scouts or Rangers’ fans.

I don’t recall saying Gallo is a Robert/Engel caliber CF. Actually I never said anything about Gallo, but odds are you‘ll survive with him in center for acouple of weeks 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I called this hours ago, I should be a pretend insider with a food related twitter handle.

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/brian-goodwin/12858/stats?position=OF

Four of out five years, negative defensive splits.  Should fit in just fine with the Sox at age 30 and on his fifth or sixth organization.

But who knows, maybe he plays closer to Michael A. Taylor with the Royals.  LaRussa will go Hamilton first, though.

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

That .400~ OBP Gallo can put up will totally piss off all the Sox fans here! 

Select fans certainly don't like Grandal's .350 career OBP.  Why would they like Gallo's career .332 OBP?  

6 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Well, here's a body

Great, another career bench player from Tony's Angels days he can play regularly over Vaughn and Engel when Lamb and Garcia aren't manning Tony's OF.

5 seasons, 0.56 fWAR per season.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Great, another career bench player from Tony's Angels days he can play regularly over Vaughn and Engel when Lamb and Garcia aren't manning Tony's OF.

Charlotte needs players too. All this rage-posting must take a toll on your mental health.

9 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Well, here's a body

Saw this coming from a mile away.  I guess its an upgrade on Gonzalez.  Keep bringing guys like this in - stick them in AAA and hopefully 1 hits enough to get a shot, and can bridge us to Engel.  I doubt Goodwin is that guy, but he's an option.  

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

2.8 fWAR over 357 games is a lot more fair. So over 162, he's a 1-1.5 WAR player. When you're in desperate need of OF depth and he doesn't cost anything but a minimum ML contract, you take it.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Charlotte needs players too. All this rage-posting must take a toll on your mental health.

AAA roster I saw that was posted earlier today had Gonzalez listed so I'm thinking Goodwin is a MLB deal.

Edited by manbearpuig

Just now, chw42 said:

If this means we won't see Leury hit against righties as much, I'm all for it. Goodwin was an average MLer in 2019.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

If this means we won't see Leury hit against righties as much, I'm all for it. Goodwin was an average MLer in 2019.

.257/.328/.467 with 36 doubles, 21 HR, 8 SB in 508 AB 2019-20 with Angels. Of course I’m leaving out the part where he stunk it up with reds over 20 games.

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You need some weed or something man.  

• Haha 1