Sox @ Tigers, 6/11 6:10 cst

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Interesting, that's in London? I still gotta get to the UK at some point before the world ends.  Want to check out some soccer stadiums and shit.

Wait blackout is British?

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Interesting, that's in London? I still gotta get to the UK at some point before the world ends.  Want to check out some soccer stadiums and shit.

Yeah, first street with electric streetlights. Whether that’s England or the world I forget. I should add a disclaimer that I am by no means a weed connoisseur. I just enjoy it time to time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

I was travelling. I’m Canadian. Lived in the US as well, but back in Toronto now. 

Cool cool I just know @Bazox is the resident British Sox fan I was like oh I didn’t know we had 2. Anyway that’s dope

Edited by TheTruth05

9 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Yeah, first street with electric streetlights. Whether that’s England or the world I forget. I should add a disclaimer that I am by no means a weed connoisseur. I just enjoy it time to time. 

nice.  I actually have basically quit after being a daily smoker for much of the last 15 years.  I am smoking maybe once or twice a week at most now and it's only off my dab pen. Been on this schedule for about 4 months now, which is a big change.  It's def better not to smoke ever day, sleep is way better now, more REM.  I don't want to say weed is a hard drug that will ruin your life but it's def something that as you get older becomes a drag on productivity.

TLR finally listened to my suggestion about batting Yerminator second.  This should help get him out of his funk.

If you can get the old school "fast guy with bat control" #2 hitter prototype out of your head, Yerminator is really an ideal #2 hitter in the modern era.  The hitting skills with him are off the charts.

He's still slumping but this should help him out of it.  If you notice, his issues are still swinging through or just getting weak contact off of meatballs.  I can't remember the last time I saw a guy make so much quality contact on shit pitches yet swing through, foul off, or pop up so many meatballs for such a long period of time.  IMO it's all in his head.  Not even kidding, maybe he needs a sports psychiatrist or something, like Hawk would always talk about.  Maybe all those years of repressed anger toward FO members who would never let him spread his wings and fly is catching up to him, and now he needs to get it out.  Seriously, there is a mental issue there with him IMO, but the hitting skills are terrific, and as a #2 hitter he can do everything you want.  And it would great to have contact + power + bat control behind TA who seemingly leads off every other game with a hit.

Edited by YourWhatHurts

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

nice.  I actually have basically quit after being a daily smoker for much of the last 15 years.  I am smoking maybe once or twice a week at most now and it's only off my dab pen. Been on this schedule for about 4 months now, which is a big change.  It's def better not to smoke ever day, sleep is way better now, more REM.  I don't want to say weed is a hard drug that will ruin your life but it's def something that as you get older becomes a drag on productivity.

I cut down my consumption to weekends only after smoking at nights during the week and it has improved my smoking experience mightily. Tolerance is back to being normal, I actually enjoy smoking again and I feel like I have more energy during the week. I had been smoking a lot, especially with the ability to work from home and etc.

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

I can’t wait for the day when, hopefully, we can put out a lineup of:

SS-Anderson

2B-Madrigal

3B-Moncada

1B-Abreu

DH-Jimenez

C-Grandal

CF-Robert

LF-Vaughn

RF-whoever

Put it in any order you prefer. That lineup is bonkers. 

It'll come together next year full circle after we upgrade the training staff. But every year there will be injuries of some sort, that is just the nature of the game. As long as our starters and bullpen pitch well, we can still win games. Just can't blow anymore games that we should win because of bullpen and defense. 

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Honestly I only ever smoked a couple times a week. I found it helped with stress and sleeping. I even take CBD oil for sleep now. I’ve never been a social smoker. I probably drink too much, and that’s my vice socially. I love good scotch, dark beer, and red wine.

I was in London in my 20’s and wanted to see Electric Avenue because the song is such a banger. Bought a quarter ounce from a guy on the street and it was awesome. 

4 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

SS-Anderson

2B-Madrigal

3B-Moncada

1B-Abreu

DH-Jimenez

C-Grandal

CF-Robert

LF-Vaughn

RF-whoever

Crazy to me that there were posters who looked at that lineup throughout this offseason and were like:  "meh"

• Like 2

My two cents on the frustrating revolving door on who hits second.  I’d like it to be more consistent. I’m thinking Anderson Moncada abreu bat in first three spots. It would in long run get yoan and Jose a few more at bats. Grandal would not be effected batting clean up or just have Yermin continue behind Jose mostly. Surprised I haven’t seen anyone mention this I believe. Thoughts?  

Just now, Backwash07 said:

My two cents on the frustrating revolving door on who hits second.  I’d like it to be more consistent. I’m thinking Anderson Moncada abreu bat in first three spots. It would in long run get yoan and Jose a few more at bats. Grandal would not be effected batting clean up or just have Yermin continue behind Jose mostly. Surprised I haven’t seen anyone mention this I believe. Thoughts?  

I don't think TLR sees Moncada as a 2 hole hitter, he seems pretty well entrenched in the 3 spot right now.

5 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

SS-Anderson

2B-Madrigal

3B-Moncada

1B-Abreu

DH-Jimenez

C-Grandal

CF-Robert

LF-Vaughn

RF-whoever

Let's assume Cespedes developmentally by not getting to Birmingham right away. Let's get silly for a second:

SS - Anderson
2B - Madrigal
3B - Moncada
1B - Abreu /  Mercedes
DH - Jimenez / Mercedes
C - Grandal / Collins / Mercedes
CF - Robert
LF - Vaughn / Jimenez
RF - Cespedes.

But more a few other options:

• Pop Vaughn in RF and test Robert's gold glove abilities. Just have Engel ready to go at all times for either corner.
  • Sheets or Rutherford until (hopefully) Colas or Cespedes are ready. They don't have to be great, just hold the fort down.

The lead is only 4.5. If it isn't at least 6 by the end of this weekend, the Sox need to sell. Fool's gold. 

One question I would have for Jack, at least some of the injured guys, if not all, will probably be back for the last month. If you sell, aren't you really screwing yourself?

Just now, Dick Allen said:

The lead is only 4.5. If it isn't at least 6 by the end of this weekend, the Sox need to sell. Fool's gold. 

One question I would have for Jack, at least some of the injured guys, if not all, will probably be back for the last month. If you sell, aren't you really screwing yourself?

I would encourage people to cut Jack some slack about some of his posts. What he deals with on a daily basis ain't easy. 

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I would encourage people to cut Jack some slack about some of his posts. What he deals with on a daily basis ain't easy. 

It’s also poor taste. Everyone knows what he was saying was an overreaction. Jack himself will tell you that in due time. Kicking people while they’re down is just flat out weak and it’s what weak people do to feel less weak. 

• Thanks 1