The Grandal will come out tomorrow, you can bet your bottom dollar

Buehrle>Wood

17 minutes ago, Vulture said:

How are unfactual statements supposed to be helpful? I’ve already been educated on the subject so if you tell me something false such as the poptileus muscle might be above the knee joint I’m not just going to dumbly agree. Then when you suggest I might be confusing that for the plantaris muscle when curling toes, when I already know the poptileus muscle doesn’t have anything to do with foot movement, let alone the toes, after you just told me that which I know does in fact doesn’t, it makes me suspect you’re either pulling my leg or don’t know as much as your letting on and expect me to bend over to your nonsense none the less for some bizarre reason. Particularly when I can verify it with third party info. That isn’t how critical thinking works. 

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

If you look up what the muscle does during activity,  you'll see definitions like inconsequential,  undetermined, unnecessary. 

Lmao. Do you even listen to yourself. If that’s the definition then I will say any further interaction between us is plantaris. And this time I’m serious

Edited by Vulture

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

Lmao. Do you even listen to yourself. If that’s the definition then I will say any further interaction between us is plantaris. And this time I’m serious

Fine. But the plantaris has no function nor use during any activity hence no effect on the toes nor lower leg during motion. That's what you will read.

I didn't realize we were discussing what happens in a cadaver lab. I thought it was about how Grandal may have injured it and how well he will rehab from it.

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Hey man i like tool too.

but let’s look at facts here. Ptac claims I must be confusing flexing of the poptileus for flexing of the plantaris when curling toes, when the poptileus is the ONE muscle in the vicinity that has definitively no effect on foot function. That is nonsensical and you can verify that yourself easily. Or continue to derp around I don’t give a fuck

2 minutes ago, Vulture said:

No shit I figured that out after your first post. If rational thinking isn’t your forte maybe just stay out of it

It’s highly rational to limit engagement with you. 👍

17 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Fine. But the plantaris has no function nor use during any activity hence no effect on the toes nor lower leg during motion. That's what you will read.

I didn't realize we were discussing what happens in a cadaver lab. I thought it was about how Grandal may have injured it and how well he will rehab from it.

You don’t actually realize the utterly fallacial nature of this post, do you? I mean besides the clearly false claim that the plantaris has no use or activity, a statement once again contradicting your previous comments. 

Maybe you do, I’m honestly not sure. You didn’t realize we were discussing a cadaver lab? Neither did I considering nothing related to it was ever mentioned by anyone

Edited by Vulture

19 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Hey man i like tool too.

but let’s look at facts here. Ptac claims I must be confusing flexing of the poptileus for flexing of the plantaris when curling toes, when the poptileus is the ONE muscle in the vicinity that has definitively no effect on foot function. That is nonsensical and you can verify that yourself easily. Or continue to derp around I don’t give a fuck

The politeus does have a function at the foot. I explained how it does by controlling the motion if the entire lower leg. It definitely has more function at the foot than the plantaris, which serves no function at all. Basic biomechanics.

12 minutes ago, Vulture said:

You don’t actually realize the utterly fallacial nature of this post, do you? Maybe you do, I’m honestly not sure. You didn’t realize we were discussing a cadaver lab? Neither did I considering nothing related to it was ever mentioned by anyone

Yes you did you said that I was using the functional definition as opposed to the anatomic definition. The anatomic definition only applies in an cadaver lab where function doesn't matter.

In the clinic where your therapist told you the plantaris effected your foot, and how Grandal injured his leg the functional definition would apply not the anatomical one you found on the pictures you posted.

Edited by ptatc

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

Just because it theoretically can help with ankle plantar flexion doesn't mean it's active during that motion.

31 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Once again both of these cannot be true.

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

Pronation is the movement of the hand or wrist. 

In the wrist it's taking your hand with the palm up and turning it so the hand it down.

In the foot it's lowering the arch and flattening the heel.

The action word is to pronate the body segment.

“too probate the foot which mechanically goes with lower leg internal rotation“

I was just trying to make a joke to lighten the tense mood but missed the mark since you were in ultra serious medical terminology mode.   Maybe some of the injuries need to be placed on probation.

Prostrate….prostate, too many autocorrections.   Neither of those are good, especially for men.

47 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The politeus does have a function at the foot. I explained how it does by controlling the motion if the entire lower leg. It definitely has more function at the foot than the plantaris, which serves no function at all. Basic biomechanics.

Fine, I post a definition from anatomy we’re talking cadavers then. 

Tell me why this source and all the others that state the complete opposite are incorrect and another of your unsupported claims is correct again.  Physiology like anatomy also incorrect and ptac correct again?

https://www.physio-pedia.com/Popliteus_Muscle

It is the only muscle in the posterior compartment of the lower leg which is mono-articular and does not influence the ankle joint”

let’s see mono-articular vs. “controlling the function of the entire lower leg” complete opposites there. Gee I wonder who is incorrect here some guy posting on a board or a nonprofit organization dedicated to physiotherapy with thousands of members.

Being “basic” and all I’d think even physiopedia would be a sufficient source. If not maybe you provide one for once.

As for plantaris:

“medial and superior to the lateral head of the gastrocnemius muscle”

now I know I’m a big dummy who posts pictures but I thought superior meant situated above. As in situated at a vertically higher point on the body. Correct me if I’m wrong here. Actually don’t. I looked it up to be sure. That is what it means

Assessment

Palpation of the muscle belly is possible”

Hmm. Looks like we’ve found another invalid source. It disagrees with ptac after all.

“It has been considered to be an organ of proprioceptive function for the larger, more powerful plantar flexors, as it contains a high density of muscle spindles”

that does sound like “no function at all” I guess I stand corrected

Edited by Vulture

1 hour ago, Vulture said:

Fine, I post a definition from anatomy we’re talking cadavers then. 

Tell me why this source and all the others that state the complete opposite are incorrect and another of your unsupported claims is correct again.  Physiology like anatomy also incorrect and ptac correct again?

https://www.physio-pedia.com/Popliteus_Muscle

It is the only muscle in the posterior compartment of the lower leg which is mono-articular and does not influence the ankle joint”

let’s see mono-articular vs. “controlling the function of the entire lower leg” complete opposites there. Gee I wonder who is incorrect here some guy posting on a board or a nonprofit organization dedicated to physiotherapy with thousands of members.

Being “basic” and all I’d think even physiopedia would be a sufficient source. If not maybe you provide one for once.

As for plantaris:

“medial and superior to the lateral head of the gastrocnemius muscle”

now I know I’m a big dummy who posts pictures but I thought superior meant situated above. As in situated at a vertically higher point on the body. Correct me if I’m wrong here. Actually don’t. I looked it up to be sure. That is what it means

Assessment

Palpation of the muscle belly is possible”

Hmm. Looks like we’ve found another invalid source. It disagrees with ptac after all.

“It has been considered to be an organ of proprioceptive function for the larger, more powerful plantar flexors, as it contains a high density of muscle spindles”

that does sound like “no function at all” I guess I stand corrected

Are you on drugs?
Serious question.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, ptatc said:

I wonder if it was the plantaris but only partially torn so there just went in and released it and it really wasn't a repair.

I just can't see a 5 week timeline for a repair. It goes against all principles of healing.

Yes, the updated prognosis, shifting from the initial timeline of 4-6 weeks to “return before the end of the regular season (before Oct 3)” indicates the initial timeline will be extended.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/white-sox-yasmani-grandal-has-surgery-torn-tendon-knee

Wednesday, the White Sox updated that Grandal had surgery to repair that torn tendon, doctors confident that he'll be able to return before the end of the regular season. The team added that an updated timeline for Grandal's return would come at some point in the future.

One concern is lack of minor league games should this be pushed out past the end of the AAA season.

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

Are you on drugs?
Serious question.

Why aren’t you asking that to the guy who acknowledges that the plantaris tendon is attached to the heel yet claims the plantaris muscle has nothing to do with foot movement? It makes no sense. It’s literally impossible, like attaching a rubber band to a lever then claiming the lever has no effect on the rubber band or vice versa. When the foot moves, the heel moves. When they heel moves the attached tendon follows. The muscle must as a result expand or contract otherwise it would be ripped from the heel. I’m not the one making this preposterous claim that a muscle attached to the heel, a well known part of the foot, somehow defies these basic facts. 

Also I don’t think you know what serious question means. A serious question would relate to one of the numerous arguments I’ve made. This supposed “question” is just more fallacious nonsense

Edited by Vulture

Welcome to Soxtalk where a person posts something and then is trolled upon because a person needs to feel good about themself by tearing into others.  

I can't follow what either guy is saying but one guy has proven time and again to be a huge benefit to this site. 

Edited by Harry Chappas
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Welcome to Soxtalk where a person posts something and then is trolled upon because a person needs to feel good about themself by tearing into others.  

I can't follow what either guy is saying but one guy has proven time and again to be a huge benefit to this site. 

Not to mention there are only a few dozen posts in a 22 page thread actually discussing the Grandal injury and timeline (original and revised).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vulture said:

Why aren’t you asking that to the guy who acknowledges that the plantaris tendon is attached to the heel yet claims the plantaris muscle has nothing to do with foot movement? It makes no sense. It’s literally impossible, like attaching a rubber band to a lever then claiming the lever has no effect on the rubber band or vice versa. When the foot moves, the heel moves. When they heel moves the attached tendon follows. The muscle must as a result expand or contract otherwise it would be ripped from the heel. I’m not the one making this preposterous claim that a muscle attached to the heel, a well known part of the foot, somehow defies these basic facts. 

Also I don’t think you know what serious question means. A serious question would relate to one of the numerous arguments I’ve made. This supposed “question” is just more fallacious nonsense

The amount of ranting about something so inconsequential is akin to a meth psychosis. You've made the Hall of Fame list, congrats!