AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

16 minutes ago, Angel Hernandez said:

I'm not an expert as you all know.

But to me it seems DK is just being too finesse, even for him. I watched alot of innings from his glory days and he used to pitch more confident and not so soft. 

His problem was that he was leaving his change up high and in the zone. 80 MPH floaters in the zone get hit hard in the Majors. If he can't get that change up lower in the zone or get it to dip out, he just isn't a ML level starter. Wisdom also hit a sinker he left middle/middle 450 feet. He needs to be better with his location. 

8 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Grandal is good. Eloy is good. Robert in the 2 hole is dynamite. And tonight's thread was an optimists dream. Crow was eaten and panic was overted.

If Robert continues to develop his plate smarts, he'll be joining the Trout/Judge circle as a #2 superhero.

Keuchel went up there with nothing throwing garbage

we had terrible defensive miscues 

bad bullpen pitching 

Cubs were amped up like it’s the WS and clearly had done rails of coke to get jacked for this game and had a gameplan of jumping on Keuchel

….and we still won by 4.

I know we aren’t used to it, but yes good teams beat bad teams, and yes good teams hang with teams over .500, but good teams also take a total hot garbage flaming awful game and find a way to turn it into a W anyway 

nice to see the Cubs lose their World Series

I went to the game tonight with my Dad. Some thoughts, the parking at the stadium is a mess. Unless you pay for a parking pass ahead of time, you better plan on walking to the stadium. We thought we were going to miss the first couple innings. 

When we got to the stadium, it was quite funny. The Cubs fans standing in line to go inside the stadium we’re saying how their team was up 4-0 and bragging and such. That didn’t last long. Lol

The top 6 guys in the lineup looked really good and dangerous. Grandal was amazing in his first start back! Vaughn hit the ball really well. Was robbed on that one homerun. Garcia and Hernandez were the only weak spots. Hernandez played good defensively though. 

The Cubs made some pathetic plays that cost them big time. That one popup that was dropped by Romine and Heyward’s miscue on Grandal’s double in RF we’re downright brutal. You can tell the Cubs fans around us were frustrated and shaking there heads. 

We should’ve started Lopez over Kuechel. The bullpen wasn’t awful outside of Kimbrel’s performance. We left in the 7th inning so we didn’t see the end but I think Kimbrel will turn it around eventually. I think he’s being put into situations that he’s not used to being in and the game was really long. They had Ruiz warming up with Kimbrel so I don’t know why they didn’t put Ruiz in. Didn’t make any sense. 

The stadium was electric and had that playoff feel to it! Go Sox! 

Edited by maloney.adam

I liked hearing Yaz in his post game reference a talk from The Hall of Fame One which basically was telling the team they have to get their shit together or they’ll be one and done in the playoffs.

Yaz was very affirmative and echoed the sentiment with ownership.

Glad he’s back.

6 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I went to the game tonight with my Dad. Some thoughts, the parking at the stadium is a mess. Unless you pay for a parking pass ahead of time, you better plan on walking to the stadium. We thought we were going to miss the first couple innings. 

When we got to the stadium, it was quite funny. The Cubs fans standing in line to go inside the stadium we’re saying how their team was up 4-0 and bragging and such. That didn’t last long. Lol

The top 6 guys in the lineup looked really good and dangerous. Grandal was hitting the cover off the ball! Vaughn hit the ball really well. Was robbed on that one homerun. Garcia and Hernandez were the only weak spots. Hernandez played good defensively though. 

The Cubs made some pathetic plays that cost them big time. That one popup that was dropped by Romine and Heyward’s miscue on Grandal’s double in RF we’re downright brutal. You can tell the Cubs fans around us were frustrated and shaking there heads. 

We should’ve started Lopez over Kuechel. The bullpen wasn’t awful outside of Kimbrel’s performance. We left in the 7th inning so we didn’t see the end but I think Kimbrel will turn it around eventually. I think he’s being put into situations that he’s not used to being in and the game was really long. They had Ruiz warming up with Kimbrel so I don’t know why they didn’t put Ruiz in. Didn’t make any sense. 

Glad you went to that game. Must have been fun Al… I mean Not Steve… I mean Burger Guy… I mean Adam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I liked hearing Yaz in his post game reference a talk from The Hall of Fame One which basically was telling the team they have to get their shit together or they’ll be one and done in the playoffs.

Yaz was very affirmative and echoed the sentiment with ownership.

Glad he’s back.

I’m glad he’s back as well. The team needed his leadership and patience at the plate.

7 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I’m glad he’s back as well. The team needed his leadership and patience at the plate.

So glad to see you, I’ve missed you so much. So glad it’s over, I’ve missed you so much. Came out to watch you play…