9/3 game thread Sox @ KC *Rain Delay*

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I heard a great story how they had to talk Mick Fleetwood into adding them to the band.  He was afraid it would totally change the band.  He was told yes it would but they were gonna sell alot more records.

Buckingham Nicks had nothing catchy on it and was a commercial failure but you sure could hear the early makings of the revamped Fleetwood Mac on it.

I kinda went on a record and CD buying binge recently.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

He's the only poster I ever considered blocking...he was just too much.

I'll never block anyone. I've learned to enjoy the absurdity of all our thoughts and opinions. It's like a collection of anger and stupidly that you rarely will ever see in the wild, myself included 

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The rain delay gave me a chance to listen to an old album I picked up, Buckingham Nicks. It was a precursor to what was to become  Fleetwood Mac ,the hit machine of the mid to late  70's.

Dude early 70s Future Games and Bare Trees. Forget the Stevie Nick's bs that was not Fleetwood Mac. Anybody could make that kind of music even Cher. 

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

A-fucking-men. Such a good beer. Nothing better than a great Belgian beer. Have you had Tripel Karmeliet?

Yeah. I'm a big time fin du monde Stan, but triple karm, delirium and every single Rochefort ever made are great. Rochefort is a little heavier but those beers are next level great. Roch 10 is my jam. 

I drink a ton of fin du monde typically but felt like going a little yeastier this weekend so grabbed a 4 pack of 16 Oz deliriums.

Edit, great things about Belgiums is you only have to drink 2-3 and you're feeling good. Don't need to pound 8 of them. And they're delicious 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

A delirium tremens for the game now to relax

Belgium beers really are the best 

No doubt. Leffe is one of my favorite breweries. 

Edited by ptatc

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Buckingham Nicks had nothing catchy on it and was a commercial failure but you sure could hear the early makings of the revamped Fleetwood Mac on it.

I kinda went on a record and CD buying binge recently.

Please pass along any recommendations from your binge.

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'll never block anyone. I've learned to enjoy the absurdity of all our thoughts and opinions. It's like a collection of anger and stupidly that you rarely will ever see in the wild, myself included 

I generally agree with you and I did not block him...but I thought about it.

Had a classic earlier today.

IMG-6891.jpg

Banana is still going strong, the bourbon has mellowed out a bit, possibly better than fresh. Didn't like the 2020 version, same brewer for 2021 = hard pass.

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Looking at the radar, it may take awhile. I’m starting my walk with a podcast, hope it starts before nine or they just have a DH over the weekend. Will save the Sox four innings.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You're about as good at reading a radar as you are at evaluating grandal!

Well, Ray' has added weather to the topics he is clueless about.

Sox baseball coming up, baseball guys at the ballpark on radio, basketball guys replacing the regular basketball guy + Stone who takes a lot of games off these days, both sitting watching a computer screen downtown, cause Jerry is broke.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Where the fuck are all our god damn meteorologists?

Might be tough to get a three hour game in, so score early and often. 
It’s weird…if it goes under 5 innings, they suspend. But if it goes over 5 with a team leading it’s over…makes no sense. In my opinion, if the teams play the next day, you suspend and get 9 innings in. 

Edited by flavum
  • Thanks 1