GT: Yankees at White Sox, Game 1 - 7:10 CT

Quin

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Well if it's one thing this team does well it's patience at the plate!

If he was left handed, I'd be more confident they'd at least punish the mistake pitches. Gil is the exact type of 6th starter profile I fear will give this lineup fits.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Cease might have 4 plus pitches now?

The location on some of these aren't very good. He's getting people strictly on the speed differential and surprise right now. 

Just now, fathom said:

If Sox offense continues to sleepwalk, the next two weeks will be very ugly. 

Those 5 games in KC aren't gonna be a cake walk. We haven't played KC well at all since we swept them early in the season last year. 

Just now, chw42 said:

The location on some of these aren't very good. He's getting people strictly on the speed differential and surprise right now. 

It's a dangerous way to live, but I think Lucas has had success in a similar way. But he is also seemingly in an outlier with getting good results on high change-ups in the zone.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

McGuire is probably gonna catch 2 of these games. I bet they're gonna run on Grandal at every opportunity. 

Grandal for this plus next season as backup catcher and DH is a bad situation.  At that salary. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I think the post-COVID attendance bump for MLB is dead. Oakland drew like 2.5K last night.

This team also hasn't exactly inspired the casual fan thus far.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Grandal for this plus next season as backup catcher and DH is a bad situation.  At that salary. 

Especially when he's hitting like shit. 

• Quin locked this topic