6/10 Games

BamaDoc

• bmags pinned this topic
51 minutes ago, bighurt4life said:

He has to make mid season top 100 lists. He’s showing big league tools and is 2 years younger than average for A+  

Nah it’s not enough power honestly for a corner guy. I’m not even sure I’d have Ramos as a top 5 prospect in the system right now. I like him though 

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Nah it’s not enough power honestly for a corner guy. I’m not even sure I’d have Ramos as a top 5 prospect in the system right now. I like him though 

He won't be consensus top 100, I agree, but EL's write-up of Ramos on Fangraphs a month or 2 ago was very positive. I don't think it's impossible for him to crack the top 100/50 FV tier on that list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I love your takes on prospects, but got to disagree with you here James.  Ramos is a legit talent and a .190 ISO isn’t bad for a barely 20 year old in A+, especially when he’s got good raw power and plus bat speed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I love your takes on prospects, but got to disagree with you here James.  Ramos is a legit talent and a .190 ISO isn’t bad for a barely 20 year old in A+, especially when he’s got good raw power and plus bat speed.

ZIPS had him as a top 25 prospect overall even before what I'd say has been a breakout season this year. ZIPS obviously can't see he might not stick at 3b, but if you put a lot of weight on age to level production, he's going to rate extremely well. Putting Ramos somewhere between `~75-150 on an overall list doesn't seem crazy to me.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I agree but if Ramos is a top 100 prospect then the Sox have 5 top 100 prospects 

32 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

ZIPS had him as a top 25 prospect overall even before what I'd say has been a breakout season this year. ZIPS obviously can't see he might not stick at 3b, but if you put a lot of weight on age to level production, he's going to rate extremely well. Putting Ramos somewhere between `~75-150 on an overall list doesn't seem crazy to me.

Where would you rank Ramos in the Sox system? 

Most have Montgomery rated higher than Ramos it would seem, and I will say that I don’t know squat about scouting. But when you compare their numbers side by side, Ramos is doing just as well as Montgomery at a higher level and he’s a month younger. That has to mean something, if you take Colson’s fluky high BABIP out of the equation they have near identical OPS. I’m not sure why people aren’t as excited about Ramos as I am, but again, like I said I don’t know anything about scouting and am forced to just rely on the numbers I see  

Edited by bighurt4life

• bmags unpinned this topic