7/27 Sox @ Rockies 2:10 CST

Vote4Pedro

1 minute ago, bmags said:

sometimes Giolito gets out of sync with his mechanics, then he gets in sync with his mechanics. Seems bizarre to throw the spider tack stuff in (it's the new steroids bullshit of this board, and I remember when CEASE was the spidertack accused).

Last year in the first half he had a 4 era. In the second, a 2.65 era. He's having a bad stretch. He's our new konerko. And just like with konerko, with every extended slump this board will claim he's about to be DFAd.

I do hope he trashes whatever offseason training program he had

1 minute ago, bmags said:

sometimes Giolito gets out of sync with his mechanics, then he gets in sync with his mechanics. Seems bizarre to throw the spider tack stuff in (it's the new steroids bullshit of this board, and I remember when CEASE was the spidertack accused).

Last year in the first half he had a 4 era. In the second, a 2.65 era. He's having a bad stretch. He's our new konerko. And just like with konerko, with every extended slump this board will claim he's about to be DFAd.

I always thought Lucas was a bit too inconsistent to be a true ace, even when his numbers suggested he was the past few years. You never know when he's gonna mysteriously start sucking in any given start. 

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I guess so according to another poster, I thought it was Tony.  Watching Moneyball recently and Billy Bean didn't have control over who Art Howe put in the line-up and I can't believe Tony wouldn't have fought hard if he was against it. After all it was 31 games and 4 errors.

There is mixed reporting on this. Jerome Holtzman, "the Dean of Chicago Baseball writers", pegged it on Tony. At one point Hawk claimed responsibility.

At this point, it's irrelevant. Tony is fucking up enough stuff plain as day, though the team is still flawed based on the players he has (several of which he stumped for during the offseason(s)).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

FTFY

Didn't see any Grandal bashing in the thread, only praise of his bounceback offensively since his return.

Agree on the Lucas hate, but Grandal is one of Soxtalk’s favorite whipping boys along with Yoan.  People were trying to blame the HR Liam gave up on Yaz being behind the plate.

Just now, chw42 said:

I always thought Lucas was a bit too inconsistent to be a true ace, even when his numbers suggested he was the past few years. You never know when he's gonna mysteriously start sucking in any given start. 

There are probably only 5 aces left in this game, and everyone ace-adjacent is still getting paid like one. He's still a very durable starter whose had long stretches of dominance. Would I pay him? No probably not. I think Jerry's pitching heterodoxy was perfectly understandable. Problem is his orgs also didn't invest that money in scouting, development or ...anywhere else to take advantage.