2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are we thinking about Mauer these days? He has 1 HR and 8 Doubles... I know it's only been 56 games, but he's not the superstar that signed that massive contract anymore. Is he on a decline for good now? Is it just injuries and the move to Target Field?

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
So what are we thinking about Mauer these days? He has 1 HR and 8 Doubles... I know it's only been 56 games, but he's not the superstar that signed that massive contract anymore. Is he on a decline for good now? Is it just injuries and the move to Target Field?

I see no reason to think that.

This tigers game is taking the life out of me. Also, MLB network is annoying as hell. I got it for free when I signed up for comcast, and thought it was alright until tonight. The difference between the game announcers' volume and the commercials' volume is so drastic, worse than any other channel I've ever watched. I feel like I'm going to wake my neighbors up when the commercials come on, and I can barely hear the game. I don't really enjoy playing with my remote all night.

I hope the indians score very soon.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 10:31 PM)
This tigers game is taking the life out of me. Also, MLB network is annoying as hell. I got it for free when I signed up for comcast, and thought it was alright until tonight. The difference between the game announcers' volume and the commercials' volume is so drastic, worse than any other channel I've ever watched. I feel like I'm going to wake my neighbors up when the commercials come on, and I can barely hear the game. I don't really enjoy playing with my remote all night.

I hope the indians score very soon.

Isn't it infuriating? There are actually FCC audio level standards that all commercials and programs must meet but commercials exceed them nearly universally. And broadcasters aren't about to bite the hand that feeds them.

I have a feeling the game ends right here. That catch by Kipnis was all world.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 12:43 AM)
Isn't it infuriating? There are actually FCC audio level standards that all commercials and programs must meet but commercials exceed them nearly universally. And broadcasters aren't about to bite the hand that feeds them.

It is, and I expect it to some extent. This is too much though. Its to the point where I won't even consider paying for this channel. And I love baseball, much more than all the other sports. Its one of the only things I use my televison for on top of that.

Runners at the corners, one out now. Edit - IBB. Loaded.

Fukodome up. Fingers crossed.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 12:43 AM)

Good call.

Fukodome gets hit in the elbow. Looked like he was trying to hit the pitch that hit him.

Indians win.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 12:50 AM)
It is, and I expect it to some extent. This is too much though. Its to the point where I won't even consider paying for this channel. And I love baseball, much more than all the other sports. Its one of the only things I use my televison for on top of that.

Runners at the corners, one out now. Edit - IBB. Loaded.

Fukodome up. Fingers crossed.

I think it is because MLB Network was picking up the feed from the game they are not actually broadcasting the game.

The MLBN is fantastic if you like baseball. Far and away the best specific sports network and it allows me to never watch ESPN.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
I think it is because MLB Network was picking up the feed from the game they are not actually broadcasting the game.

The MLBN is fantastic if you like baseball. Far and away the best specific sports network and it allows me to never watch ESPN.

When there is nothing on TV, MLB Tonight is GREAT. I don't think I have watched 1 minute of Baseball Tonight this season.

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/8/10/2355509/...als-roster-news

Rebuilding Royals Release Kyle Davies

By Rob Neyer - National Baseball Editor

I didn't see it coming, because a) Davies ranks among the Royals' higher-paid players, and b) Royals general manager Dayton Moore has, until now anyway, seemed to suffer from an unhealthy infatuation with Mr. Davies.

What's even odder is that Davies -- his 1-9 record and 6.75 ERA notwithstanding -- has actually pitched better this season than he has in a long time. Davies has been exceptionally lucky to pitch in the majors for as long as he has ... but this season, he's been exceptionally unlucky, as his underlying performance suggests an ERA south of 5, rather than well north of 6.

Let's not feel too sorry for Davies, though. Since the beginning of 2006, 71 pitchers have started at least 120 games in the major leagues. Davies' 5.68 ERA in his 130 starts is the worst among the 71 pitchers. The next worst is Scott Olsen's 4.88. His strikeout-to-walk ratio is a little better: 68th out of 71.

Some weeks ago, the Royals shifted a six-man rotation with (apparently) the sole aim of making room for Kyle Davies.

Davies might somehow find another job in the major leagues. Six years ago, he was among the better pitching prospects in the game, and baseball men have long memories. My guess, though, is that Dayton Moore's Kansas City Royals are the last team that will rejigger its pitching rotation to make room for Kyle Davies.

The market for Jose Reyes should still be strong after the season, Jon Heyman writes at SI.com. MLB executives tell Heyman that the Giants, Cardinals, Tigers, Angels, Nationals, Braves, Phillies, Red Sox, Yankees and Mets could be fits for the shortstop in terms of finances and positional need. Here are the rest of Heyman’s rumors...

That would really suck!

They could easily move Peralta back to 3B to make room for him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 07:51 AM)
Isn't that what Gordon Beckham is supposed to look like?

Somewhat. I don't think Kipnis is nearly as touted though. I've been following Jason since his ASU days and I was hoping the Sox would draft him in 2009. The Sox picked Trayce Thompson with their 2nd round pick, which I can't really argue with. Kipnis was popped 2 picks later.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Somewhat. I don't think Kipnis is nearly as touted though. I've been following Jason since his ASU days and I was hoping the Sox would draft him in 2009. The Sox picked Trayce Thompson with their 2nd round pick, which I can't really argue with. Kipnis was popped 2 picks later.

Trout/Kipnis or Mitchell/Thompson? :crying