7/30 at Indians

flavum

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:57 PM)
FWIW, Indians have now won 6 in a row to keep the heat on DET (Veras move, Verlander still struggling).

A lot of it is about "attitude," I'll agree there with the Indians' announcers and Harrelson's TWTW.

Miggy re-aggravated his injury today.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:57 PM)
LOL at the Sox blowing another game. I love Robin but our manager shoulda been the guy who is in the Indians' dugout. You get a chance to hire a Francona like we had, you can't let it pass by.

Worse team in baseball except for maybe one team ... the Chicago White Sox.

You realize that the Indians are good right. Or is the Internet broke again in Kansas.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
LOL at the Sox blowing another game. I love Robin but our manager shoulda been the guy who is in the Indians' dugout. You get a chance to hire a Francona like we had, you can't let it pass by.

Worse team in baseball except for maybe one team ... the Chicago White Sox.

Alright with the Francona obsession already.... Geess

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)
Did Farmer say after the game on the radio tonight that Quintana is starting tomorrow? Saw it on twitter, so not sure of the validity of it.

He was originally scheduled to go, not exactly going out on a limb saying Farmer may be confused.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 03:00 AM)
Hawk was talking about how important the Indians bench has been. That's something that Hahn deserves criticism for. The bench was pathetic coming into the season with Wise/Sanchez/Jimenez. Angel Sanchez should have never been in consideration for the big league club. Gillaspie was the only positive contributor off the bench this season.

Great points. Our bench on paper was so, so weak. Our team looked like a pennant contender on paper. Though we all were way too excited about adding Keppinger. Since he had a history of drawing some walks, it got the Sox fans excited we actually might have a guy who values getting on base. Of course it doesn't help when Robin lets guys swing 3-0 which IMO is dumb. Not calling for Robin's head, I love the guy, just making an observation.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 03:02 AM)
Alright with the Francona obsession already.... Geess

The guy is manager of the year this year and we had a shot at him. Why can't I belabor that fact??

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 08:39 PM)
Great points. Our bench on paper was so, so weak. Our team looked like a pennant contender on paper. Though we all were way too excited about adding Keppinger. Since he had a history of drawing some walks, it got the Sox fans excited we actually might have a guy who values getting on base. Of course it doesn't help when Robin lets guys swing 3-0 which IMO is dumb. Not calling for Robin's head, I love the guy, just making an observation.

I don't think "excited" is exactly the right word though most of us thought he might hit around .280, draw some walks and not strike out much. I was fine with Keppinger but not excited.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 02:45 AM)
Who cares about whether Rienzo gets a win. I can't believe baseball players actually think about that stuff anymore

Ugh. I normally like your posts but where did that one come from? I mean winning a big league debut is huge for a person I'd think. It's their dream to make it to the bigs.