82 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Sox be under or over 75.5 wins in 2014

• 76+ wins
    • 75 or less wins

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line opened at most sports books in Vegas at 77, most sites have it now anywhere between 76 and 77 wins. And when you make a poll for over/unders you should always use the hook man, the 0.5, so that you cant have ties.

I will say 81 wins minimum, with a small chance of pushing for the second wild card spot. Offensively, I'm very optimistic about Abreu, Eaton, & Viciedo. Obviously the offense is still flawed with a black hole at catcher and a lack of OBP throughout the lineup, but I do expect it to be much better than last year, especially if Abreu is anything close to an impact player.

As for the pitching, I'm fully expecting a rebound from Danks and for Johnson to pitch like a legitimate #3 starter and not go through serious growing pains. I honestly think the rotation will keep us in the thick of things for most of the season, but the offense will ultimately let us down. Still, a fringe competitive team will much more fun to watch than last year's mess.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Feb 28, 2014 -> 07:04 PM)
I'm going to guess 79-83. I love the talented youth the Sox have but there's most likely going to some growing pains so I think they'll fall just shy of 500.

Would be 69-93 had the Sox signed Ervin Santana. :P

They will wait until after the draft in order to save their 2nd round pick, and then Santana will be THE key to the second half playoff run.

I think they will win between 72-77 games. I want to see big years out of the young new core. The White Sox have a lot of trade pieces though and that actually really excites me. Alexei Ramirez, Gordon Beckham, Adam Dunn, John Danks, Mitchell Boggs, Ronald Belisario, Matt Lindstrom, Nate Jones, and Scott Downs are all guys that could be moved to further enhance the system throughout the year. Pretty exciting possibility actually.