Game Thread 5/12: SOX @ OAK

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In retrospect, we should have sold high on DeAza after his first couple of seasons with the White Sox.

It's been all downhill since then. That whole a player (especially one whose game is based on athleticism/speed) hitting their prime at ages 27-29 seems to be a textbook case with him.

Yes, I know we have a strong counterexample in Ramirez, but at least there's a reasonable explanation (for the performance drop and lack of concentration) about the loss of his father in law/personal tragedy, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

Ok so the guy who hits a home run yesterday (are only source of offense) sits the next day but the guy who makes a complete bonehead error, hasn't been hitting well, and makes stupid running mistakes all the time stays in the line up? That is what needed to happen according to Robin??

That makes a lot of sense

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
Ok so the guy who hits a home run yesterday (are only source of offense) sits the next day but the guy who makes a complete bonehead error, hasn't been hitting well, and makes stupid running mistakes all the time stays in the line up? That is what needed to happen according to Robin??

lol. I am actually reading a post complaining about Paul Konerko not being in the line up. Well done.

Once again, Sox lack of major league-ready OF talent killing us.

Danks isn't it. If they really felt Thompson or Mitchell could handle it, they'd get a shot. You're almost to the point with DeAza that you would bring up Trayce just to be a weaker version of Brian Anderson, but that's kind of irrelevant with Eaton about a week away from returning.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
lol. I am actually reading a post complaining about Paul Konerko not being in the line up. Well done.

Um its Sierra. Sierra hit a home run yesterday and has been hitting better then De Aza.. Not talking about Konerko at all

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2014 -> 07:03 PM)
If Sierra could play CF, I'm sure he would be out there. As it is, he's not a very good corner OFer. Big arm, like Viciedo, but quite limited.

Garcia is playing CF so it is irrelevant. It was either De Aza, Sierra, Viciedo for 2 spots in LF an RF

QUOTE (Brian @ May 12, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)
Can Micah play OF?

We might find out soon enough if Eaton keeps getting hurt.

Or Semien. Which would be kind of crazy that you'd have to move your two best infield prospects to LF/CF simply due to embarrassing major league play in the outfield.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2014 -> 07:04 PM)
Um its Sierra. Sierra hit a home run yesterday and has been hitting better then De Aza.. Not talking about Konerko at all

Honestly Sierra might have a lower baseball IQ than De Aza. He has had some straight up baseball stupid moments in his short time here. He already had Hawk drop his line about no one missing a cutoff man.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 12, 2014 -> 07:22 PM)
It's pretty easy to understand why Sierra is on the bench and ADA is in the lineup. Or why there is 0 LH hitters on the bench today.

Chavez 2014 splits: vs. RH batters - .159/.169/.246/.415 and vs. LH batters .255/.327/.351/.678

I understand why. But after De Aza's performance yesterday and the comments made by Robin after the game I figured De Aza would be sitting today instead of Sierra.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2014 -> 04:55 PM)

I do think you have to remember that it takes a little bit longer than one day to explore solutions and implement change.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 12, 2014 -> 07:34 PM)
I do think you have to remember that it takes a little bit longer than one day to explore solutions and implement change.

I understand what you are saying.. But if you are playing Garcia in CF anyways than why is De Aza still in there (I know the R/L splits with the pitcher), especially after his play lately and with what Robin was saying yesterday after the game. It just doesn't make sense to me... Robin needed to back up his words and he didn't.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 12, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)
I'm sorry if this offends someone, but seriously suggesting that Jared Mitchell gets called up should be a bannable offense on this board.

I didn't say it was a GOOD idea. Just that it would be more interesting to watch, from a fan's standpoint. The end.

If they thought he had absolutely zero chance of ever contributing at the major league level, why wouldn't they just move on now? Do they really need AAAA filler so badly? With Charlotte's new stadium, the premium should be on giving them "winning" AAA/AAAA players if the guys aren't legit prospects being groomed by the organization.

Charlotte has three consecutive sell-outs this weekend and came close on Monday.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2014 -> 06:54 PM)
In retrospect, we should have sold high on DeAza after his first couple of seasons with the White Sox.

It's been all downhill since then. That whole a player (especially one whose game is based on athleticism/speed) hitting their prime at ages 27-29 seems to be a textbook case with him.

Yes, I know we have a strong counterexample in Ramirez, but at least there's a reasonable explanation (for the performance drop and lack of concentration) about the loss of his father in law/personal tragedy, etc.

Sell high on De Aza? I swear some of you guys live in this bizarro world where either A. Other GMs are complete idiots that don't actually follow baseball, or B. You know more about baseball than GMs.

There was never a time to sell high on De Aza. :lol:

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 12, 2014 -> 05:35 PM)
I'm sorry if this offends someone, but seriously suggesting that Jared Mitchell gets called up should be a bannable offense on this board.

I'm not offended and I brought it up. I mean if Robin was serious about some kind of instant change and it was only for a week . How could it hurt any more than De Aza tripping all over himself lately? Dangle a carrot in front of the kids , it's not going to hurt , it's one player for a week until Eaton's back if you could comprehend that conversation we had about it.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 12, 2014 -> 05:38 PM)
I understand what you are saying.. But if you are playing Garcia in CF anyways than why is De Aza still in there (I know the R/L splits with the pitcher), especially after his play lately and with what Robin was saying yesterday after the game. It just doesn't make sense to me... Robin needed to back up his words and he didn't.

He still may back up his words but he still has to make out a lineup card for tonight and until that change. It's not like his list of options tonight is that big.