2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 10:52 AM)
Funny how the Rose snark has subsided the last 12 games no?

His entire narrative was "The old MVP Rose is gone people, get used to it, this will not be the same Rose".

He could still be right, but after each passing game it looks like he will be wrong.

What doesn’t come through in highlights, and what’s made watching Mirotic these first 25 games my favorite part of this season, are the little things. Yes, the guy can shoot. A little slump has him at 33 percent from 3, but it’s clear that he can fill it up from out there. But shooting is an afterthought when it comes to what he has added for the Bulls. The guy plays like a maniac.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-shoo...players-so-far/

If this Bulls team fires on all cylinders, it's hard to see anyone stopping them.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 26, 2014 -> 11:30 PM)
So Westbrook is averaging close to a point per minute right now. At this point, his strengths significantly outweighs his weaknesses. Good luck defending that when Durant's healthy again.

Teams haven't had a problem in the past beating them together in the playoffs.

I'm starting to doubt KD will be healthy this season.

Over the past 3 years, they've lost to eventual NBA champions twice, and in 2013 they got sent home early after Westbrook torn his meniscus in the first round. It's not hard to imagine them finally getting over the hump with the improved play of Westbrook and even Reggie Jackson.

The only thing working against them, besides the health of KD, is their road to the Finals will be a lot tougher with the record they have.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 11:41 AM)
Re: Thunder

It sucks that Perkins is making so much because with him out there it is 5 on 4. Saw McGary is dominating D League, which I guess should be taken with a grain of salt.

His whole problem isn't talent, it is staying healthy.,

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 27, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
I think Anthony Davis would win MVP if the season ended now. He's definitely been the best and most valuable player so far, because he is the best combo of defense and offensive efficiency.

Team record. His team isn't even in the playoffs at this point (it's not his fault). He might be the most talented player in the league at this point, but MVP won't be his award to win.