Mariners trade partners?

Feeky Magee

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 02:44 PM)
And Franklin is lock? We have L Garcia to hit .220 and play SS. Why in the world would we want another one.

I'd much prefer A or AA prospects over prospects that are well on their way to being failed prospects.

Ackley? He can't hit either. We could put any of our prospects in the OF as well. "Steverson can fix 'em" prospects should be taken off waivers or in return for one of our Ackleys.

We have Abreu, so we trade for Smoak?

This is why deals are so hard to make. Franklin and Ackley are exactly who the Mariners want to trade for someone like Alexei. But who wants those guys?

that's why I say A or AA prospect with some ceiling, regardless of position. Don't need more junk in this organization.

We have Abreu, but Dunn is a FA so there is a DH hole to fill. Seattle is a notoriously poor hitting park, I would roll the dice on those guys as pieces in a trade. If the Sox are giving up Alexei, then none of those guys can be the centerpiece but can be throw ins to sweeten the deal.

You realize that these guys were those A and AA prospects with HUGE ceilings and had a lot of success all the way up to the ML level, right?

I think a deal for Alexei starts at James Paxton as Peterson and Walker are probably out of scope. From there you try to pry out as many as of the rest that you can.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 3h

LRT: Know #Mariners were out to scout #WhiteSox last week. Know Ramirez intrigues them. Viciedo has reportedly been a target before.

Like I mentioned before, if they want Alexei, be prepared to pay up. Best SS in the AL this year.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 05:09 PM)
Alexei WAS the best SS in the AL this year, but he's been stuck on 7 HR/36 RBI since May 25. It's June 25. His average has also dropped since then.

Yep. He's also going to be 33. Paxton and Nick Franklin and I'm driving him personally.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
Probably talking about Montero, who is not a catcher any longer and is apparently only able to bat against lefties as a DH. Soooo limited value there.

you are prob right.... the is old brain still works. :D

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:44 PM)
And Franklin is lock? We have L Garcia to hit .220 and play SS. Why in the world would we want another one.

I'd much prefer A or AA prospects over prospects that are well on their way to being failed prospects.

Ackley? He can't hit either. We could put any of our prospects in the OF as well. "Steverson can fix 'em" prospects should be taken off waivers or in return for one of our Ackleys.

We have Abreu, so we trade for Smoak?

This is why deals are so hard to make. Franklin and Ackley are exactly who the Mariners want to trade for someone like Alexei. But who wants those guys?

that's why I say A or AA prospect with some ceiling, regardless of position. Don't need more junk in this organization.

everybody has done their homework as I have and have fav prospects they would love to get in return from sea.

with that, I was then and I am now saying the same thing. for some reason seat GM likes DV, if we can trade him for pitching

and more pitching. get as many pitchers we can and let them separate themselves. also look for spare catchers however

with the cat we got in the draft, that may not be a dire need right now.

again sea has some very good pitching in the 7-14 ranking range.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
Mariners can have Dunn for a song, any song, even a rap song. Viciedo they can acquire for a quality spect or a bust type with some upside. Alexei is an absolute pipe dream for them unless they want to get serious. They may be owned by Nintendo but Hahn doesn't play games. Especially over Alexei.

This is beautiful.

If we move Alexei, I want a SP, OF, or C that is near major league ready as the centerpiece. As much as Alexei's offense has slipped this past month, he's still an incredibly valuable player and SS is a difficult position to fill. Under no circumstance do you trade him for anything less than a top 50/75 prospect plus some lottery tickets. He's our best trade chip by far and if we can't get a solid return for him then we should simply hold onto him for another season.

Also, I've said it before, but Nick Franklin makes no sense for us. Unless he's basically a throw-in, acquiring him would be a horrible use of resources. Give Semien or Sanchez a chance before attempting to replace them.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 06:20 PM)
If we move Alexei, I want a SP, OF, or C that is near major league ready as the centerpiece. As much as Alexei's offense has slipped this past month, he's still an incredibly valuable player and SS is a difficult position to fill. Under no circumstance do you trade him for anything less than a top 50/75 prospect plus some lottery tickets. He's our best trade chip by far and if we can't get a solid return for him then we should simply hold onto him for another season.

Also, I've said it before, but Nick Franklin makes no sense for us. Unless he's basically a throw-in, acquiring him would be a horrible use of resources. Give Semien or Sanchez a chance before attempting to replace them.

At his age, I think the ceiling is going to be a Top 75-100 and some flyers. He's a good player, but people know what he is. No one was fooled into thinking he can sustain the performance he started the season with.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 01:38 AM)
At his age, I think the ceiling is going to be a Top 75-100 and some flyers. He's a good player, but people know what he is. No one was fooled into thinking he can sustain the performance he started the season with.

I was just reading mlb rumors and sea search for a trade partner..... with the holes they have in the outfield and

1b / dh, would they also like dunn as well?

this past off season, sea spent a lot of money and their concerns are with ref to budget. I wonder if we eat

some salary, would that be a trade off for a better player in return?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 07:38 PM)

Oh I agree, but Peavy landed your exact package a year ago. IMO, Ramirez should get you a little more than that simply due to positional scarcity. Again, I'm not expecting a Mark Texeria type return here, but a prospect with a little more polish than Asivail Garcia (not significantly more) should be required to move Alexei at the deadline.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 12:08 AM)
Find a way to steal DJ Peterson away from them. That bat is gonna play and it's gonna play soon.

I would be looking at Peterson, Tyler Marlette and Austin Wilson.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 08:02 PM)
Oh I agree, but Peavy landed your exact package a year ago. IMO, Ramirez should get you a little more than that simply due to positional scarcity. Again, I'm not expecting a Mark Texeria type return here, but a prospect with a little more polish than Asivail Garcia (not significantly more) should be required to move Alexei at the deadline.

I think 3 players, one similar to Avisail, on similar to Montas who was the second piece, and then instead of 2 longshots at the end you have someone in between the Avisail and Montas types, maybe an MLB reliever or a good prospect, something like that.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:12 AM)
I think 3 players, one similar to Avisail, on similar to Montas who was the second piece, and then instead of 2 longshots at the end you have someone in between the Avisail and Montas types, maybe an MLB reliever or a good prospect, something like that.

Alexei better get hot quickly. He is down to .297 and has 0 RBI's in last 10 games.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:12 AM)

Montas was a clear 2nd piece? I certainly didn't think so at the time.

Our value of prospects are way different than those in the professional world, however it doesn't stop

the great discussions of what we see.

Getting a Peteson or a Paxton may be out of the realm of possibilities, unless we sweeten the trade from us. I

am more looking for 1 player out of Marlette, Diaz, Smith or even Wilson as a return for DV. again that is

if I am over rating DV value. there are some value for even Kivlehan for a pos of a 1b / dh.

Trade Winds thread was closed. No Catch All Thread. I guess I'll dump this here. Jon Heyman was on with Mully and Abbatacola this morning. He was talking about how he wasn't sure if the White Sox would be sellers because they are only 5.5 back of the 2nd wildcard. He mentioned that teams would be interested in Beckham, Ramirez, Dunn, and Danks. I can't see Rick Hahn standing pat if there's a deal to be made. The Sox have a real chance here to set themselves up nicely for 2015 and 2016. I hope they do the right thing and sell. The White Sox have a better chance at a top 5 pick than they do a playoff berth in my opinion.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 07:48 AM)
Trade Winds thread was closed. No Catch All Thread. I guess I'll dump this here. Jon Heyman was on with Mully and Abbatacola this morning. He was talking about how he wasn't sure if the White Sox would be sellers because they are only 5.5 back of the 2nd wildcard. He mentioned that teams would be interested in Beckham, Ramirez, Dunn, and Danks. I can't see Rick Hahn standing pat if there's a deal to be made. The Sox have a real chance here to set themselves up nicely for 2015 and 2016. I hope they do the right thing and sell. The White Sox have a better chance at a top 5 pick than they do a playoff berth in my opinion.

Thanks for the info. I agree. I think we will trade at least Beckham and Ramirez

Edited by Bigsoxhurt35