White Sox v. Oakland A's

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
I really like him. I saw him pitch live last week. He is going to be a good 4-5 pitcher. Maybe 3 at the ceiling. He's smart, knows how to pitch and usually gets strike 1. He's not going to be an All-Start but he is going to be a useful pitcher in the rotation.

Coop 'll fix him.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 09:31 PM)
5Ks...nice only 1BB

If it's one thing this org can f***ing do, it's produce solid starters. I'd like to see them have a SURPLUS of guys again instead of a freaking shortage. The position player talent is awful, any lingering doubts as to how poorly KW left this franchise should be long gone.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:39 PM)
Wilkins has struggled so bad this September................this may be doing more harm than good bringing him up.

How? You find out that he's overmatched and see if he can make the needed adjustments. If he continues to flail away like this, it crosses another option off the list and forces his hand a bit more in terms of either trading for another bat or signing a FA.

Personally, I'd much rather see Mitchell out there than Danks, because we already know exactly what Jordan is capable of doing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 08:42 PM)
How? You find out that he's overmatched and see if he can make the needed adjustments. If he continues to flail away like this, it crosses another option off the list and forces his hand a bit more in terms of either trading for another bat or signing a FA.

Personally, I'd much rather see Mitchell out there than Danks, because we already know exactly what Jordan is capable of doing.

Mitchell would be awful, but i do agree, if this stint actually harms Wilkins, he isn't going to be someone you can use anyway.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 08:09 PM)
This would be a nice game to lose considering every team worse than us has lost or is going to lose tonight. Only Houston and Arizona are left to play.

Trotting out that 6-9 against a contending team desperate for a win and with a rookie starter, we almost deserve to lose.

It's pretty clear this team is the M's or Royals offensively with Abreu hitting more like Miggy Cabrera this season than Jose Abreu through July.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:15 PM)
No shock this team is struggling to score without Viciedo and Flowers in the lineup, as they've been nearly the only source of power the last 3 weeks. It will be interesting to see if there's actually more than 4-5 thousand at the game tomorrow.

Not a sentence I would have thought I'd see, basically ever ;)

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
No shock this team is struggling to score without Viciedo and Flowers in the lineup, as they've been nearly the only source of power the last 3 weeks. It will be interesting to see if there's actually more than 4-5 thousand at the game tomorrow.

Even 2007 had the entertainment of Fields, Owens, Andy Gonzalez and Wasserman.

This is just beyond terrible. Well, at least Bassit's still fighting, there's that.

A lot of the positives are being erased for me until/unless Avisail Garcia really impresses. Of course, excuses about the injury will be provided, with SOME validity, but there's far from even 50/50 certainty right now he's a 5/6 hole power bat or run producer at this point in his career.

At 7-9, okay...it is what it is. But that's not what the acquisition was billed to be.