Predict The Next Move

Dunt

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 08:54 PM)
Victorino and eaton are sure bets to get hurt next year wether it's a 15 day dl stints or day to days etc they just can't play a whole season. Then what happens? Especially if it's at the same time. Some combination of danks,Leaury, campana, viciedo?

Oh come on...just a few days ago I was all happy we signed Shark an Robertson an now I just got a shiver reading this....lol

We do have Shuck. I'm not really sure about him though but you're right we need someone more dependable. I'm done with Vicedo but I think we're stuck with him. It would be nice if we could trade him for a RH backup for Gilli though or at least get our money back.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Dec 12, 2014 -> 09:34 PM)
Next Move: Shop Danks for some prospects, clears cap, dead weight, and adds prospects to our system to which we just lost a few low level guys, add a veteran OFer, and look around for a young cather

We are not going to get any sort of good prospects for Danks unless we eat some of the money, and thats even a stretch.

We have Flowers, Brantly, and Nieto all with MLB experience.

In order of needs: Left field, Relief pitcher, Depth starter, Third baseman, Catcher.

The Rockies have a few Outfielders that may be available for the right price.

Why not try offering Danks and Viciedo for Drew Stubbs or Charlie Blackmon.

Perhaps the Rockies would like to move Cargo or Dickerson for the right offer.

My choice would be find a way to get Dickerson but would be fine with any of these outfielders.

I know this is dreaming but Rick Hahn should be talking with the Rockies about any and all possibilities for making a deal.

A source tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that the Rockies will keep their "eyes and ears open" on trade offers for Carlos Gonzalez.

With the club having extended a $15.3 million qualifying offer to Michael Cuddyer, the Rockies outfield is shaping up to be a bit crowded (and pricey) next season. Unloading CarGo and his $16 million contract in 2015 -- and the $37 million remaining in the two years after that -- would help alleviate that logjam. With a new general manager running the show, the team may be more willing to talk about Gonzalez and star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki than it has in the past. Nov 5 - 7:36 PM

Andy Martino of the New York Daily News reports that the Rockies have been "poking around" on a potential Troy Tulowitzki trade with the Mets, but he continues to hear that a deal is "not happening."

In other words, not much has changed over the past month. Rockies owner Dick Monfort is close with Tulo and is inclined to keep him or get the OK from his star shortstop before signing off on a deal. Things could change if the Mets (or someone else) gets aggressive, but at this point it looks like Tulo is staying put in Colorado. Dec 8 - 2:24 PM

Edited by ParkerBear7

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 02:44 AM)
Who would be the fourth starter?

The Sox should move Danks next offseason, I think he is going to have a solid year and next offseason there's only going to be one year remaining on his deal so he instantly becomes more attractive to rival teams and executives.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 02:49 AM)
The Sox trade for Todd Frazier, sending Viciedo and Chris Beck

.....and Anderson and Montas and Danish?

Frazier put up a 4.7 WAR last year, 122 wRC+, 29 HR, stole 20 bases, and has been a really good fielder, and has 3 years of arb left. The dude has huge value. I'd love for the Sox to trade for him, but it won't be for spare parts. Unfortantely, the Reds best 3B prospects as ranked by Fangraphs comes in at #17, and he will be playing in Low-A this year.

The Reds may be selling off parts, but for Frazier you'd have to offer them a couple of our top players and may as well offer Gillaspie as well.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 03:22 AM)
.....and Anderson and Montas and Danish?

Frazier put up a 4.7 WAR last year, 122 wRC+, 29 HR, stole 20 bases, and has been a really good fielder, and has 3 years of arb left. The dude has huge value. I'd love for the Sox to trade for him, but it won't be for spare parts. Unfortantely, the Reds best 3B prospects as ranked by Fangraphs comes in at #17, and he will be playing in Low-A this year.

The Reds may be selling off parts, but for Frazier you'd have to offer them a couple of our top players and may as well offer Gillaspie as well.

They gave away Mat Latos for basically nothing. I think that bodes well for the Sox in any trade discussion.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
They gave away Mat Latos for basically nothing. I think that bodes well for the Sox in any trade discussion.

Latos, Leake and Cueto are fa next yr. the Reds needed to move one and hopefully two

for their ability to give Cueto an extension.

QUOTE (ParkerBear7 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 02:35 AM)
I know this is dreaming but Rick Hahn should be talking with the Rockies about any and all possibilities for making a deal.

A source tells Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that the Rockies will keep their "eyes and ears open" on trade offers for Carlos Gonzalez.

With the club having extended a $15.3 million qualifying offer to Michael Cuddyer, the Rockies outfield is shaping up to be a bit crowded (and pricey) next season. Unloading CarGo and his $16 million contract in 2015 -- and the $37 million remaining in the two years after that -- would help alleviate that logjam. With a new general manager running the show, the team may be more willing to talk about Gonzalez and star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki than it has in the past. Nov 5 - 7:36 PM

Andy Martino of the New York Daily News reports that the Rockies have been "poking around" on a potential Troy Tulowitzki trade with the Mets, but he continues to hear that a deal is "not happening."

In other words, not much has changed over the past month. Rockies owner Dick Monfort is close with Tulo and is inclined to keep him or get the OK from his star shortstop before signing off on a deal. Things could change if the Mets (or someone else) gets aggressive, but at this point it looks like Tulo is staying put in Colorado. Dec 8 - 2:24 PM

This is exactly the type of move the Sox can make to help push them over the top. CarGo is a STUD!!! Go get this dude!!!

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 05:40 PM)
This is exactly the type of move the Sox can make to help push them over the top. CarGo is a STUD!!! Go get this dude!!!

no he is not, we have discussed this dream of cargo being a great player.

the splits stat show him to be at best a avg player away for Col.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 05:37 PM)
Really hoping we get some kind of update on our OF situation. Like are we stuck with Tank? Hope this gets resolved soon.

i am really not trying to be a smartarse, but come spring training we should have

heard something.

i am with you, this down time is looonnnngggg.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 11:12 AM)
no he is not, we have discussed this dream of cargo being a great player.

the splits stat show him to be at best a avg player away for Col.

I'm pretty sure they call US Cellular, Coors East. I'll take my chances that he will produce here.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 02:32 PM)
I'm pretty sure they call US Cellular, Coors East. I'll take my chances that he will produce here.

US Cellular is a good offensive environment but it's nothing like Coors. I'd be worried about CarGo coming to a tougher league and a much tougher park.

Cool link here that shows exactly how it would affect him:

http://www.baseballmonster.com/MLBParkFactors.aspx

Edited by chitownsportsfan

I normally don't agree with Balta, but it would be incredibly stupid to upgrade the pitching staff to the extent we have and not add a legit starting OF. Outside of LaRoche, we've done nothing to upgrade the offense and he's not a huge upgrade over Dunn IMO. Getting Avi back for a full season should help, although it remains to be seen how much of an impact he'll make. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same guys outside of 2B, which may or may not be an upgrade.

I don't buy for a second that Hahn is going to go cheap for that last OF spot. Unlike C & 3B, where there is potential for upgrades on one side of the ball or the other, LF is the only position with room for significant upgrades both offensively and defensively. If the front office is serious about competing next year, it will find an impact player for the OF. Signing a player like Ichiro simply doesn't cut it.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 13, 2014 -> 06:56 PM)
I normally don't agree with Balta, but it would be incredibly stupid to upgrade the pitching staff to the extent we have and not add a legit starting OF. Outside of LaRoche, we've done nothing to upgrade the offense and he's not a huge upgrade over Dunn IMO. Getting Avi back for a full season should help, although it remains to be seen how much of an impact he'll make. Otherwise, it's pretty much the same guys outside of 2B, which may or may not be an upgrade.

I don't buy for a second that Hahn is going to go cheap for that last OF spot. Unlike C & 3B, where there is potential for upgrades on one side of the ball or the other, LF is the only position with room for significant upgrades both offensively and defensively. If the front office is serious about competing next year, it will find an impact player for the OF. Signing a player like Ichiro simply doesn't cut it.

if it doesn't mean way overpaying for that fix is not and should not be an option. worst case

DV + his offense can be a short fix. as long as everything else improve, esp the heart with is

the pitching.