2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
Why? We have Rodon, Sale, and Q vs. Kendrick, Lester, and Arrieta. I feel pretty good about those matchups.

Yeah, but their crappy offense is miles better than the Sox crappy offense.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
Miles? In their last 13 games, they have scored more than 2 runs twice.

314 runs in 81 games - 3.88 runs per game

275 runs in 80 games - 3.44 runs per game

Miles better

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 05:03 PM)
Why? We have Rodon, Sale, and Q vs. Kendrick, Lester, and Arrieta. I feel pretty good about those matchups.

Hendricks, Lester and Arrieta (2 runs in last 30 innings) have been awesome lately. Should be a low scoring series.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
Hendricks, Lester and Arrieta (2 runs in last 30 innings) have been awesome lately. Should be a low scoring series.

Yup, both teams coming in with good pitching and non-existent offense. The difference is some of the Sox bats are starting to hit whereas the Cubs have gone quiet.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Yup, both teams coming in with good pitching and non-existent offense. The difference is some of the Sox bats are starting to hit whereas the Cubs have gone quiet.

Since ~June 22, the Cubs have faced the #5, #1, #3, #19, and now #1 teams for ERA in series. The White Sox have faced the #14, #25, #1 (2 games), #12, and now #25 ERAs staffs in the league. That'll help.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 02:04 PM)
Since ~June 22, the Cubs have faced the #5, #1, #3, #19, and now #1 teams for ERA in series. The White Sox have faced the #14, #25, #1 (2 games), #12, and now #25 ERAs staffs in the league. That'll help.

Doesnt look like it'll get any easier for the Cubs then as the Sox are a top 10 pitching staff according to FIP and xFIP.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
Doesnt look like it'll get any easier for the Cubs then as the Sox are a top 10 pitching staff according to FIP and xFIP.

Unfortunately, based on any way you want to look at it, the Cubs staff has been better, so the challenge is for the White Sox offense.

The NL is terrible this year, only 6 teams with winning records and with how bad the Mets are at offense, I would be completely shocked if the Cubs aren't in the playoffs. At this point the only question is if they'll have a home game in the 1-game playoff or not.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)
The NL is terrible this year, only 6 teams with winning records and with how bad the Mets are at offense, I would be completely shocked if the Cubs aren't in the playoffs. At this point the only question is if they'll have a home game in the 1-game playoff or not.

The Cubs are totally in your head. Living rent free. Just don't commit suicide in 2017 when they're running the NL.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 03:47 AM)

Tomorrow will be a huge game for the Cardinals. Win and they're back up 8.5. If they lose, it's 6.5 with a series vs Pitt while the Cubs get the White Sox. The Cardinals offense looks terribly lately, as something seems wrong with Carpenter.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:51 PM)
The Cubs are totally in your head. Living rent free. Just don't commit suicide in 2017 when they're running the NL.

Hah, their "great young hitters" are going to have to do a lot better than they're doing right now if the Cubs hope to run things.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 8, 2015 -> 02:57 AM)
Hah, their "great young hitters" are going to have to do a lot better than they're doing right now if the Cubs hope to run things.

It's their pitching that's carrying them. Bosio is a sensational pitching coach.

Edited by fathom

I was at the game last night, fun to finally Peralta screw over the other team in town, like he did to the Sox so much.

I'm still in awe that I got to see Clayton Richard face Dan Johnson on a major league baseball diamond, I'll be telling my kids about that one.

Watching a clip of the Peralta shot; the Cub fan that snagged the ball from the basket is brutal.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v242397683/stlchc-p...?game_pk=414930

Please, just stop with this clown "tradition" of throwing the opposition's "HR ball" onto the field. Cub fans in particular should jump at any chance to revel and bask in success and achievement, even if it is the visiting team's most of the time.