2016 Opening Day Thread

Jose Abreu

How many strikeouts will Sale record on Monday?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. How many strikeouts will Sale record on Monday?

• 0-5
    • 14+

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:13 PM)
I wonder if we should scratch Sale tonight. Seems like pitching him here is a waste when he's not needed to win. Pitch Danks against Hill and let him pad his record for trade value. Than come back with Sale later in the series when he might be needed to get a win.

This...uh...isn't how baseball works.

Danks just pitched on Saturday, FFS.

I wonder if we should scratch Sale tonight. Seems like pitching him here is a waste when he's not needed to win. Pitch Danks against Hill and let him pad his record for trade value. Than come back with Sale later in the series when he might be needed to get a win.

This might be the dumbest post I've seen on here all day.

Our #5 against their #2? Makes sense.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 03:23 PM)
I assume Avila is no longer starting today with a lefty pitching?

Have wondered the same thing, myself. Seems like Avila is Sale's guy, at least from what I read but I think Navarro should be starting.

Frankly, Hill pitching tonight makes me a bit nervous. Sox have never had much success vs this type of pitcher but hopefully with multiple new faces it won't be an issue.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
Wasn't a popular opinion but an idea that was floated out

This. I can't recall anyone other than stray poster or two advocating for this. I think it is crazy to think that he has changed that significantly for one adjustment and that short of a sample size.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 05:32 PM)
Have wondered the same thing, myself. Seems like Avila is Sale's guy, at least from what I read but I think Navarro should be starting.

Frankly, Hill pitching tonight makes me a bit nervous. Sox have never had much success vs this type of pitcher but hopefully with multiple new faces it won't be an issue.

Total players still on the Sox from July, 2013-- 4

Sale, Quintana, Danks, Jones

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)
Total players still on the Sox from July, 2013-- 4

Sale, Quintana, Danks, Jones

Good point. Truly hope they get off to a strong start tonight. I'm anxious for the season but at the same time I'm not overly optimistic. Need a strong overall start, IMO.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:35 PM)
This. I can't recall anyone other than stray poster or two advocating for this. I think it is crazy to think that he has changed that significantly for one adjustment and that short of a sample size.

IIRC Rabbit suggested 2/16

This can't be a serious post, right? You can never just guarantee a win in this sport. When the Sox were the hottest team in baseball last July, we had Sale go up against some bum knuckleballer on the Red Sox and got slaughtered. Travis Wood beat Clayton Kershaw. Scott Carroll outpitched David Price in his MLB debut. You don't take anything for granted.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Apr 4, 2016 -> 04:32 PM)

Agreed. Hill is a journeyman (he actually started the A.J. / Barrett fight game back in 2006 for the Cubs), a left hander, a spot starter and is simply an OK pitcher in my book. How many of those guys have shredded the Sox in the past?

The Sox say they have a different team this year, consider tonight an excellent opportunity to start changing their perception by lighting this guy up.

Mark