2016-2017 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 08:53 PM)
Hahaha. Suck it LeBron.

Was uncharacteristicly lazy tonight...I mean he's still LeBron honestly, but got outhustled on a number of plays, allowed himself to be forced into terrible shots in the post, and didn't really force the issue until the waning moments of the game, as if he had $ bet on the Cavs +9.5 or something.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:21 PM)
It's funny cause KD still a b**** tho

Aside from Rose's ACL, Lebron is the main reason Bulls has fallen back to misery after their resurgence. So I will root for that b**** KD over Lebron any day :)

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 12:47 AM)
Aside from Rose's ACL, Lebron is the main reason Bulls has fallen back to misery after their resurgence. So I will root for that b**** KD over Lebron any day :)

I get that, just watching basketball message boards shrug at KD winning is hysterical.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 10:55 PM)
Was uncharacteristicly lazy tonight...I mean he's still LeBron honestly, but got outhustled on a number of plays, allowed himself to be forced into terrible shots in the post, and didn't really force the issue until the waning moments of the game, as if he had $ bet on the Cavs +9.5 or something.

I get what you are saying and noticed a little of it, but it's funny how he can be lazy while putting up 41/13/8 on 19-30 shooting.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 07:54 AM)
LeBron just became the first player to average a triple double in the NBA Finals.

I knew he was padding his stats the whole last 6 minutes of the fourth, and I was genuinely curious why he passed at the end of the game considering he was just getting layups for a while. Turns out without the last assist he would have averaged 9.8 APG. Homie knows how to do it.

Don't get me wrong, he played amazing in the series. He just absolutely pads his stats because he knows how numbers based fans are. Same reason he stopped half court heaves a few years ago when he wanted to shoot 60% from the field for the Heat.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 08:37 AM)
Just a horrible NBA season and there is no reason to expect next year to be any different. My NBA interest is at an all time low (even lower than the dreadful stretch in the middle of the 2000s).

What a time to be alive?

I kid I kid J4L

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 06:37 AM)
Just a horrible NBA season and there is no reason to expect next year to be any different. My NBA interest is at an all time low (even lower than the dreadful stretch in the middle of the 2000s).

I am right there with you.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 05:32 AM)
I get what you are saying and noticed a little of it, but it's funny how he can be lazy while putting up 41/13/8 on 19-30 shooting.

Yeah, that is why I qualified it as was still LeBron...it's difficult for me sometimes to give credit to him as a lot of his production comes from him being just so physically freakish. He gets by a lot on brute strength and size. The officials allow him to just charge into the lane and clear out with his off hand to get to the basket. Don't get me wrong - dude is a crazy gifted athlete and a great basketball mind, but in terms of his effort last night, he wasn't getting back on defense, he was letting smaller guys get rebounds he should have had, he was yelling at others like Kevin Love for not getting back in transition, he refused to go hard to the basket when he was fed the ball in the post in the second half when they needed him, etc.

And as Boogua said, finally when the game was out of reach, with about 3 minutes remaining, THEN he decides to take the ball to the basket. THEN he decides to take over for his team.

It was a bit of a curious effort from him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 09:34 AM)
Yeah, that is why I qualified it as was still LeBron...it's difficult for me sometimes to give credit to him as a lot of his production comes from him being just so physically freakish. He gets by a lot on brute strength and size. The officials allow him to just charge into the lane and clear out with his off hand to get to the basket. Don't get me wrong - dude is a crazy gifted athlete and a great basketball mind, but in terms of his effort last night, he wasn't getting back on defense, he was letting smaller guys get rebounds he should have had, he was yelling at others like Kevin Love for not getting back in transition, he refused to go hard to the basket when he was fed the ball in the post in the second half when they needed him, etc.

And as Boogua said, finally when the game was out of reach, with about 3 minutes remaining, THEN he decides to take the ball to the basket. THEN he decides to take over for his team.

It was a bit of a curious effort from him.

33.6, 12.0, 10.0

But you're right, he waited until there were three minutes in game 5 to take over for his team. Solid post.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 07:42 AM)
33.6, 12.0, 10.0

But you're right, he waited until there were three minutes in game 5 to take over for his team. Solid post.

Steve, you can read what you want to read, and ignore and what you want to ignore, but it wasn't just me saying this. Van Gundy and Jackson mentioned it 3-4 times last night.

And I can live without your snarky comments about the post.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
33.6, 12.0, 10.0

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why Lebron pads his stats. Most people watching that game would agree with what shack posted. Nobody even said he played poorly or anything.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2017 -> 09:47 AM)
Steve, you can read what you want to read, and ignore and what you want to ignore, but it wasn't just me saying this. Van Gundy and Jackson mentioned it 3-4 times last night.

And I can live without your snarky comments about the post.

It doesn't matter who's saying it, I like to chat using common sense as my guide.