All Activity
Past hour
-
Big name throwing out first pitch tomorrow
I think it definitely will some day, but not any time soon. There's no universe where the first American Pope's visit to the states is a surprise first pitch in the ALDS. His arrival in the US will be an event unto itself and draw millions upon millions wherever he goes.
-
White sox getting more media attention
- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Taylor will definitely be available- Big name throwing out first pitch tomorrow
Some time during the post-season, it would be nice to see Luis Aparicio honored. Only person still living who played for the White Sox in the 1959 World Series. It's interesting that the two oldest members of the Hall of Fame - Luis Aparicio and Sandy Koufax - both played in that series.- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
i gotta think they will save Hagen for a potential game 4 (who will slot into game 2 of ALCS if he doesn't go long) so today will be Newcomb, Fedde, Shultz and Hicks closing- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
Of course he can fail, but we've watched a team in the 3rd largest city in the country be run like the Pittsburgh Pirates for more than 40 years. Change is good.- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
I don't think anyone here thinks a new owner will translate into immediate success just because...most are happy for a new approach because JR's approach has grown stale and very tiresome!- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
By the way I'd like to complain that the biggest game the Sox play in over 20 years is happening in the middle of the afternoon on a workday. I have a lot of flexibility at work but couldn't make it happen for this one. Probably won't get to see much until the 5th or 6th inning. Super annoying.- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Do we have much insight into the plans for pitching today? I would guess they'd like to get a couple innings out of Newcomb. We haven't yet seen Cleveland's lineup for today so it will be interesting to see what they do...but I'm guessing they will use a lineup that is geared towards left-handed pitching. Sox don't really have trustworthy right-handed pitchers available, so it would be kind of a dare: you can use your best pitchers or you can match up, but you can't do both. That leaves an opening for Fedde, Davis Martin, or Sandlin. If you get them to sub in the vs. RHP lineup, then you can go with Hagen at some point (although he might be preferred for dealing with the tougher matchups). I also think this might be the game we see some Noah Schultz, provided they can find him a pocket of lefties. If Cleveland takes a ~3+ run lead, I think it becomes even likelier that we see Davis or Noah on the mound. That said I think Noah has a better shot of pitching in a close game than Davis.- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
By the way, just because the potential new owner of the White Sox has a lot of money, it doesn’t mean it will translate to success. Just take a look at the New York Mets situation.o- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
All ima say is: $7.50 day pass for the Metra from the South Suburbs which drops you off at the stadium is better than $100 parking. For the people who love parking more.- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
I have been a season ticket holder for the White Sox for many years and I absolutely don’t know what’s wrong Rate Field. I guess if a new Ballpark is built, I would expect it to be totally paid for by the owner and not any portion of tax payer dollars. I think the deal that JR got was reprehensible in that the state of Illinois basically guaranteed him to break even no matter how bad the attendance was and also not sharing some or all of the concession revenue with the state..- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Every Sox fan in attendance at today's blackout ^- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Beni benched is interesting. I do like this lineup a lot better. It's much more balanced. We had too many lefties just sitting in the middle of the lineup before.- “The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
My sentiments exactly.- Big name throwing out first pitch tomorrow
I am here for this.- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
I like the lineup. LFG.- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Today
- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Foster Griffin or Messick will be in the game by the second inning. and Williams will throw at some point and Cade Smith will go at least two innings today. I am not sure if that was the best course of action for Sale in the first round but it is do or die.- And that's a celibacy inspiring White Sox playoff winner!
Thats right - duh. Guess my memory of it is hazy and it was a quick series against the Ms. I was ten and only remember flashes. My fandom was already fully entrenched at the time. 😆 Which is really odd since I have no family from Chicago and am from Southern California. Dating back to my first memory, I always remember loving the Sox. It’s odd. I remember them introducing the new logo and Frank Thomas coming up. I was hooked.- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Great idea but you KNOW that ain't how Venable rolls- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
- White sox getting more media attention
I am getting nostalgic about the 2010's and prior. I have zoned out more recently with the deplorable play but seeing Grandstand takes it back to when I had game plans from anywhere from 10-82 games. I am not certain why I missed the pre-sale and almost didn't go to opening day this year. I have slowly thawed, am pissed I will not be there today as I have not missed a first round playoff game since 1993. Let's lock it up and continue this Vasil magic.- ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Or we could just go with Or we could just start our best overall lineup and just make substitutions later in the game. I mean, Braden got a double right handed the other day, and Colson squibbed a double down the 3rd base line in game 1 he probably will never be able to replicate in his career. I would just send out the best nine overall and make spot subs. - ALDS Game 3: Guardians at White Sox. Wednesday, 3:00 PM
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.