Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Getz was given quite a lot to spend at the deadline, as the attendance increases went directly to the 2026 payroll according to a few reports.
  3. Haven't lost 3 in a row to CLE all season. These guys can bounce back.
  4. Wait. How much extra money was spent before the trade deadline to bolster this roster. Was Getz given extra money to improve the roster with additions down the stretch or was he given basically the same money and Getz had to find better replacements. Because, the Sox did not add 1or 2 pitchers at the deadline to bolster their struggling starting pitchers.
  5. This team has given everything they have this season. The last two games have shown that maybe they have just finally run out of gas. Honestly I don't know how they have made it this far with virtually no starting pitching. Just look at the other teams in the playoffs, they all had at least a couple dominate starters and some even more than that. If the Sox would of had a couple of shutdown starters they wouldn't of lost these last 2 at home. Also some of the young guys have hit a major wall and all the pressure of winning these last 2 really got to them. I'm not blaming them at all, it just sucks. Maybe they can pull a rabbit out of the hat one more time Saturday.
  6. I had a really bad feeling as soon as he hit Angel Martinez with that pitch given that Angel Martinez has been absolutely helpless at the plate recently and that was an absolute gift to the Guardians.
  7. Or more. Offense really needs to light them up. I think we need to score 9 or 10 to win it.
  8. I would have brought him in over Ramirez to flip him to the right side of the plate rather than Hicks. Ultimately, I would have preferred to keep riding Fedde though.
  9. I was at the game and most of the time it was Cleveland sucks. Why does this dude care so much to get thrown out of the game about it?? If its GB sucks I dont mind I think its fun. Gotta mix up the chants every now and then!
  10. Man that game yesterday was so electric to be at. Its really too bad it all got pissed away. The Guardians can f*** off. They get all puffy chested because they because they think they might be the best team in the AL central. Buncha clowns who regularly s%*# the bed in the playoffs against superior teams. Congrats jerks you managed to win 2 games against a team with no SPs and shut up the home crowd. That will be the highlight of their year. Bringing in Kay was my least favorite decision of the night. He is firmly in do not use unless emergency territory. Dude cant throw strikes.
  11. Peavy44/killer k weighs in on the "Green Bay Sucks" chants. Can't say I disagree. Preach!
  12. And if Mune hadn’t gotten injured he probably would have a 40-plus/100-plus RBI season. I’m not as worried about him with his strikeout game as I am with Colson.
  13. Again, why? If they are about to spend huge, his 10 million is peanuts.
  14. This is an overly pessimistic take. Teel put up a 103 wRC+ on the season and a 136 wRC+ in September as the rust wore off. He looked good behind the plate to me and is a huge piece of the future. Not sure what’s not to love about him. Antonacci put up a 122 wRC+ and 2.3 fWAR this year as rookie despite not being called up until April 15th and being brand new to the OF. Yes, his routes were bad but there is zero reason to believe he can’t improve with more reps. If so, he has more than enough speed to at least be neutral in LF with time. His bat is 100% legit and he can be a weapon in the leadoff spot for years to come. Peters may regress some with the bat next year, but he can still be a valuable CF due to his defense. And while he looked a platoon player earlier this season, his bat improved as the year progressed. Regardless, he’s a key part of the OF mix moving forward whether he platoons with Doyle or not. Braden is a 23 year old rookie who was rushed up to fill a major league need. He had an issue elevating the ball in AAA and predictably wasn’t addressed during his stint with the Sox. That’s going to be his offseason project, but am willing to bet he makes significant strides in the coming years. He’s a special talent with an impeccable work ethic, so the expectation is he should get better.
  15. Here's an update on construction of the new A's stadium in Vegas. https://www.fox5vegas.comLook inside the future Athletics Ballpark in Las VegasFOX5 Sports got an inside look at the future Athletics Ballpark on the Las Vegas Strip.
  16. The offense needs to open the game like they did at the beginning of the first two . good patient at bats and going the other way . Burke needs to pitch the game of his life.
  17. I thought "arrogant" was when someone proposes to invest heavily in this team to help make it more competitive in the future. Reading your and other posters' responses to post after post full of Tirades, Rants, And Yelling without having to read the complete and utter nonsense myself reminds me of the old Neil Steinberg column "Bob Watch" where the motto was "we read him so you don't have to".
  18. Naw, Milkman, I think it's just a feeling of mental exhaustion from the last two days, and that'll soon pass as we gear up for the big game tomorrow!
  19. Dang it, Chi, I hope I haven't been guilty of any of that. I don't have Facebook, or Instagram, or X, or any social media stuff whatsoever, but I hope I haven't been considered a "chirper" on this forum this season! 🫣
  20. The offense is definitely a concern if Colson is cooked and Mune has been figured out. We can't have two players in the lineup hitting .190 and striking out 220 times. Tristan Peters is a question mark to me, Teel hasn't been all that impressive but he was coming off injury so who knows. Does Braden Montgomery take another step? Antonacci loses value because he can't play left field, so were capped on how much he adds to the overall. You can pretty much only feel really good about Vargas and Meidroth. Were going to have essentially the same players back next season until we have the debuts of Cholowski and Bonemer.
  21. Haven't seen what is being said. At the end of the day fans need to remember that these players are humans and their families are going to defend the person. While I agree that its best for families to keep quiet, fans should be respectful.
  22. Today

  23. Pale Hose Talk seems pretty dead for a team that is going to a game 5 in the ALDS. I’m guessing we’re all pretty down on the team/our chances.
  24. As I’ve said before, I’m a very fair-weather hockey fan. I don’t know much about it. But I can say that it seems bad that we’re in the 4th season of our generational-talent star in Bedard, and I never hear anything good about the team.
  25. Not a fan of less baseball. Do fans really want fewer games? From a old guy who counts on seeing Sox most every day of summer, I vote no to 154. Its interwoven into the fabric of summer...watching is optional for those who tire of too much Sox baseball.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.