Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Maybe they can lower the mound again like they did in the late 1960s.
  3. I will say 99 percent of the people there were super cool to us. Had a lot of people come up to us and just talk about baseball and had a few buy us a beer. One jackass got into my face when we were just walking back to our hotel after the game but you get those idiots everywhere.
  4. Unfortunately I won't be able to think about this season without remembering the last 3 games of the ALDS. Maybe in time I will but I doubt it
  5. No, you are apparently supposed to play the helpless victim.
  6. We have one of the worst owners in the league, an inexperienced GM rebuilding the baseball operations organization,with a pitiful payroll and a roster of rookies, no-names, and has-beens. We were one game away from the ALCS, and I’m supposed to feel angry or disappointed? It took a superstar in Jose Ramirez doing superstar things to beat us, but I’m supposed to be angry? Incredibly fun season and it felt great to get back to watching the team I love. When you’re middle-aged and have many responsibilities, it’s difficult to justify watching a 100+ loss team play baseball. Call it fair weather if you want, but I did nothing more than box score watching. I watched a TON of baseball this season and loved every minute of it. Not only were these dudes competitive, but they’re a team with an identity and full of personalities….something often missing in professional sports these days. I’m looking forward to this team entering their actual competitive window (we were early this year and not ready).
  7. It's not kumbaya....im seething in white hot rage that this fucking garbage team from a dump of a town that stole the division from us also stole the series when we had their dick in a blender and our index finger on the start button. Does it cast somewhat of a pall on things? Ofcourse. But no one can say that the stench of that meltdown outweighs the tremendous good from this season. In many ways,we literally became America's team. A team full of joy, fun, bombs galore, wonderful memories, epic comeback wins, and just free spirited kids having fun with some epic October baseball as the cherry on top. Getting good young positional talent is hard to do and we hit a royal flush with some trades and did a great job finding some gems and have completely transformed this roster. We are light years ahead of the doldrums of a few years ago and also have some promising talent on the mound. We will need to make a truly serious effort to supplement it to be sure, but we have a great foundation here that Getz built and if JR will let him spend a bit, we should continue to be a good above average team. At the end of the day, when you aren't expecting anything and get a big cupcake with rich chunks of chocolate inside and high quality frosting on top, we can't complain too much that there weren't enough sprinkles on top.
  8. Inexcusable to let Cleveland beat you twice, division and playoffs. 75 K’s in 5 game series is epic fail.
  9. What is the solution? Move the mound back? I don't know how you decrease Ks without making significant changes.
  10. almagest replied to fathom's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Bonemer is probably up before the all star break assuming he handles AAA well. Cholowsky I think needs a year in the minors, especially since he got hurt. He could certainly force the issue though.
  11. The only good thing about that drive is that you are not longer in Cleveland.
  12. What truce?
  13. Timmy U replied to fathom's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Remember, Sox get Baldwin and Murray back, so I imagine Acuna is gone. Then there’s the possibility that they add Bonemer and possibly Cholowsky. So, there will be changes. Do not buy they are trading Colson and giving ss to Bonemer. They are moving him to of.
  14. My guess is the White Sox braintrust will go with Quero as the backup as he’s too young to give up on and except for this year has been a pretty decent hitter during his minor league career.
  15. These last three games were an absolute train wreck for the offense. Terrible approaches, lots of guessing, and swinging way too hard. The Sox do need to do some self reflection and figure why it fell apart to this degree. No doubt a lot of it was nerves and/or pressing from a group of young players, but it definitely went well beyond that and the coaching staff should not be free of blame. However, our offense was fantastic this year and I think Fuller, Shoman, etc. deserve a ton of credit. They turned Vargas into a legitimate star. Antonacci & Peters immediately contributed as rookies. Meidroth improved tremendously in year 2. Teel was really good in September after getting the rust off. They got a good amount of production out of a DH combo of Grichuk & Benintendi. This all represents a lot more wins & surprises than we normally see. The biggest concerns I have right now are Colson, Murakami, & Braden, who all struggled over the last two months of the season. Colson was literally amongst the worst hitters in baseball with his K rate ballooning into the 40% range. His ability to make enough contact to take advantage of his truly elite raw power is a huge question mark. The good news for him is that he can still play a plus (not elite) SS, but you obviously can’t survive with a wRC+ in the 50’s. They need a clear offseason plan for him because he was completely broken. I’m less concerned about the other two, but have certainly lost confidence in both of them. Murakami put up a 90 wRC+ over the final two months of the season and it appeared that he was playing around with his mechanics down the stretch to combat his offensive woes. I saw enough from him in the first half of the season to believe he will mostly right the ship. Now, I don’t think he will be the guy who was on pace for like 50 HRs at one point, but I think he can still be a very good offensive 1B. But again, they need an offseason plan for him and they should not consider extending him until anytime soon. Braden is a bit different because he was bad down the stretch (82 wRC+) but not because of a rash of K’s. In fact, his plate discipline was quite good with an 11.6% BB rate and 19.5% K rate over August & September. His problem was the same one I screamed about when they first called him up: not being able to elevate the ball. He literally led the majors with a 61.5% ground ball rate and this led to a very poor ISO (~.100). Again, they need to figure out a plan for him to elevate the ball so he can take advantage of his plus raw power. Can they correct that during the offseason? If not, does he need more minor league seasoning? He made zero progress at the major league level this year, so am skeptical this is an easy to do thing in the majors. That being said, he is only 23 years old and has tremendous work ethic. I believe he will end up making the necessary changes over time, the question is just how quickly can he do that.
  16. I feel defeated, I’m hungover as s%*#, the drive home from Cleveland this morning sucked ass. And this team fuckin rocked. By far the 2nd best season of my life. All I’ve done the last 3 seasons is whine about this organization and this fuckin team breathed life back into me as a Sox fan. Went to 20+ games including 2 playoff games, 5 different cities to see them play. These last 3 games sucked but I love this fuckin group.
  17. Will the white sox 2027 slogan be “swing hard onwards”.
  18. almagest replied to fathom's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    If they think Quero can do it then I agree. Otherwise Bart is their best option I think.
  19. And yet his big offensive addition at the deadline was a right-handed bat who used to hit for power, doesn’t walk at all, and strikes out a ton.
  20. I think he gets non-tendered. Projected to make like $3M and was traded for a guy we DFA’d. No loss
  21. If they think Bonemer is the real deal then my guess is Kolson will be traded for a starting pitcher.
  22. reiks12 replied to fathom's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I know the hitting philosophy is "f*** the strikeout" and I kind of bought into it throughout the year, but the ALDS really exposed that. I would like to see 1-2 less K prone players in the lineup next year. Meidroth, Antonacci, Peters, Vargas really showed me something this year. Colson, Mune - having both of them in the lineup kills rallies Braden - please work on your RH swing Benintendi - I can't wait until hes gone, 0-7 with 7 Ks in the ALDS Teel - I am still high on Teel and like Bart as the backup catcher Colson should be good trade bait, but man its hard to give up on a player of his potential..
  23. And he is still looking for his first walk in a Sox uniform. Meanwhile, he has 35 strikeouts in 106 plate appearances for the Sox.
  24. You’re not “supposed to” do anything. You do you, my friend.
  25. Today

  26. Venable may be a wonderful person or whatever but isn’t a wonderful manager. I think he’s a bit (probably more than a bit) of a flake. He’s playing blackjack while other managers are playing chess.
  27. almagest replied to fathom's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Joey Bart is still under contract. I imagine it'll be him.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.