Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. I don't put much emphasis on those Burke/Kay numbers against Cleveland, tbh, but I hope they pitch even better than those stats my pick to click is Benintendi
  3. Before the regular season started, I made three bets. One was that they would win the division which, of course, I failed by one game. I also bet that they would win the AL pennant and even the World Series. I know that was really crazy but right now it doesn’t seem that crazy.
  4. It’s not what I think they should do. It’s what I believe they’ll do. And Taylor has stated he wants to start. There’s been many a guys like that who leave good situations so they can start. Montgomery from the Cubs World Series team comes to mind. Daniel lynch did as well but KC converted him late this year
  5. I worry about Kay and his wildness HBP/walks early…if we can eliminate that early I think we have a good shot at coming out with the W and burying the guardians in the series
  6. We really gotta limit the walks today. No more free passes.
  7. I imagine the Guardians are really hoping they get off to a quick start and take an early lead. The Sox need to make sure they don't allow that. Limit the walks and make them hit their way on. They're probably gonna score a couple in this game, but if the Sox get rolling early the Guardians can't keep up.
  8. Yeah if there's shadows at first pitch, it's gonna be hard as hell to hit.
  9. Wrong pregame show….gotta go with Chuck and Ozzie
  10. Pregame show is all about Yankees/Rays get the hell outta here.
  11. It'd be interesting to see if they implement compliance buyouts, like the NBA and NHL did after their lockouts, to allow big-payroll teams to get under the cap. Or perhaps a finite number exceptions for 2027, like the MLE in the NBA. Would the Pirates, Reds, Marlins, etc. even be willing to bring in one of the big names shaken free by a cap if they have to sign said player's checks?
  12. No mere wind can hold back a Mune shot!!
  13. gonna need to pull out the small ball today or hit low RF line drives under the wind: A Northwest (NW) wind blowing at 10 to 20 mph at Progressive Field will heavily suppress power hitting, making it a distinctly pitcher-friendly environment. Because home plate at Progressive Field faces East-Northeast, a Northwest wind acts as a cross-headwind blowing in from left-center field toward home plate/the first base dugout.
  14. Rate Field and Surface Lots?
  15. Today

  16. I hope not. They are getting by without him. Let him rest that hamstring so it doesn't linger the whole season. If I was a betting man, I think he comes back week 8 vs Seattle. I don't think it would make sense to bring him back week 7 against the Patriots since that's a Thursday game. Let him get extra rest for the week 8 game.
  17. Shoulder surgery for Raleigh, wrist for Naylor
  18. Does anyone know when gates will open to the stadium for the playoff game on Wednesday?
  19. It's going to be hard to hit for several innings. Bad time to start a game.
  20. How many pitchers managed to get to 15 innings against Cleveland this year? That takes 3 starts or a bunch of work out of the 'pen in today's game. I'd assume it's all AL Central pitchers or guys who changed teams?
  21. No free outs for Williams and no free bases for the Guards will be the keys to this one. Make Cleveland work for anything they get.
  22. Just saw these stats, hope they continue to prove accurate: The White Sox 3-0 victory in Game 1 was the sixth shutout win in their postseason history and second in the opening game of a series. They beat the Dodgers, 11-0, in Game 1 of the 1959 World Series at Comiskey Park. The White Sox have won their first three postseason games in one year for only the second time. They also started 3-0 in 2005, sweeping the Red Sox in a Division Series. The White Sox lost Game 1 of the ALCS against the Angels then ran the table with eight straight wins. Sean Burke (2-0, 1.04 ERA, 17.1 IP in three games) and Anthony Kay (1-0, 1.27 ERA, 21.1 IP in five games) have the second and third lowest ERAs against the Guardians this year (regular season and postseason combined, minimum: 15 innings). The lowest ERA versus Cleveland this year belongs to the Twins’ Taj Bradley (1-0, 0.90 ERA, 20 IP in three games). Cleveland has not won a postseason series in which it lost the first game since its Division Series against the Red Sox in 1998 (0-7 since then).
  23. Excited to see Antonacci leading off. I like being able to pinch-hit Doyle for him in the late innings, should the matchup present itself, as opposed to the other way around. Doyle's glove could be very valuable late against a Cleveland team very capable of walking off any given game, but I'm not excited to see his bat in the starting lineup like we had yesterday like I am for Antonacci. Colson being right before Antonacci makes sense, since any righty brought in for the former shold be a good matchup for the latter. That being said, I feel like I'd like the 9 hole to be someone who gets on base a bit more. Maybe Meidroth? He'd offer the same reliever handedness protection to Antonacci while adding 68 points of OBP as a 'leadoff' guy before the top of the lineup. I think 6-9 being Peters (hits righties), Colson (hits lefties), Braden (hits righties), Meidroth (hits lefties) would work better than going with two batters who hit righties followed by two guys who hit lefties. Who knows. I'm not in the clubhouse, I'm not seeing how they look in batting practice, and I don't know they gameplan on how they're going to deploy the bench. Just feels like we could work to make Cleveland either burn their 'pen quicker or force advantageous matchups.
  24. Folks speculating that MIL had a read on Miller's pitches once they got a runner to 2nd
  25. we don't need skubal. Any of the 2nd tier vets will probably sign for 3-4 years at 30-35 AAV depending on how the CBA settles. No reason to take on the risk of Skubal when a perfectly fine 2nd tier guy will eat the same innings at a slightly worse era imo.
  26. Surprised that Kay is starting; he's handled leverage well in his 2 outings. Now they'll have to use someone less-tested or who wasn't pitching well last time we saw them. I would have guessed Newcomb - hasn't pitched well, but can be overcome early. I guess Hudson is the closer.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.