White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 6/02/07 (L)

DBAHO

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This season is over unless Kenny makes some miracle moves. Seriously, it is. Tell me all you want how I am a major pessimist and blah blah blah but we aren't winning more than 75 games with a bullpen as s***ty as this.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
For f*** sake...bring up Charlotte's pen and just keep Bobby. And for you b****es blaming Ozzie, what the f*** is he supposed to do....bring in a position player because whatever reliever he'll bring in (not named Bobby) is going to suck miserably.

This is f***ing worse than that Boston bullpen by committee of a couple years ago. Good lord.

I'm not blaming Ozzie for this loss....but when someone continues to make decisions that end up costing us runs/games in the 6th thru 8th inning, he does deserve some blame. We really have to stop letting Contreras start innings when he's around the 100 pitch mark though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
I called this situation about 5 minutes before it happened.

not much of an accomplishment. anytime one of the sox relievers come in I could "call" a bad outing. I would be right like 80% of the time.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:50 PM)
Ask our GM.

0 for 50, game over.

The Smugass GM is hiding under his desk, he only wants to show he face to say everyone gets what I am doing outsidew Chicago , and look like a dumbass for saying it

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
For f*** sake...bring up Charlotte's pen and just keep Bobby. And for you b****es blaming Ozzie, what the f*** is he supposed to do....bring in a position player because whatever reliever he'll bring in (not named Bobby) is going to suck miserably.

Quick question: do you find no fault with Ozzie for blowing 10 games with late leads?

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
not much of an accomplishment. anytime one of the sox relievers come in I could "call" a bad outing. I would be right like 80% of the time.

Ha, true. I was referring more to playing into the Jays hands by facing Wells instead of Stairs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)
Quick question: do you find no fault with Ozzie for blowing 10 games with late leads?

He's made some bad moves, but even if he makes the right moves in those games, our pen blows it, just a different guy does the deed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 12:53 PM)

I actually think this has been Ozzie's best year as a manager, albeit the last couple games have not been as good. Has he made some mistakes, sure, but every manager does, and I think the main issue with the blown 10 games is the fact that this is one of the worse pens in baseball over the past few years.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)
is it 0-50 or 0-47? Either way it's terrible.

0-50. It was 0-44 entering today and their pen threw 2 perfect.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:54 PM)
I actually think this has been Ozzie's best year as a manager, albeit the last couple games have not been as good. Has he made some mistakes, sure, but every manager does, and I think the main issue with the blown 10 games is the fact that this is one of the worse pens in baseball over the past few years.

Agreed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 02:53 PM)

IMO Thorton should be the one getting beat at this point. Or take the drastic step and have Jenks the first one out of the bullpen and let the others blow it late, at least it will get to the later innings.

Prinz and Gio should be on a plane right now

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 07:54 PM)

I'd have to say he managed better in 2005 :P

In all honesty, he was a very good manager during April. However, he's really struggled the last couple of weeks. In no way am I saying this is all his fault. However, when things are going this bad, it's up to the GM and Manager to do something about it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 12:52 PM)
I'm not blaming Ozzie for this loss....but when someone continues to make decisions that end up costing us runs/games in the 6th thru 8th inning, he does deserve some blame. We really have to stop letting Contreras start innings when he's around the 100 pitch mark though.

please tell me who the hell you're talking about bringing into the game? Because I see no one in the pen getting anyone out. I'm sure you can find many other things to hang on Ozzie, but you're forcing the issue here. His hands are tied.