Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball Gal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Baseball Gal

  1. Baseball Gal replied to pcq's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    What in the hell is Sheets doing in RF?
  2. I don't want to get into an economics argument. I'm going to peace out.
  3. I understand this sentiment, but I drew the line years ago. I don't want the Bears to get any tax breaks or public money either. I'm in my late 30s, the line was drawn for me over a decade ago and every time someone somewhere caves I yell at my tv. The Raiders shouldn't have gotten a dime, and neither should the Marlins or A's or any other team I don't care what sport or what city. Part of owning a sports franchise should be the understanding that if you want a new stadium it's up to you to pay for it. I was pissed when Amazon pulled their shenanigans as well.
  4. No business should ever get a tax break for anything ever. Tax breaks should go to the people who actually need it, not those who don't. Pay your fucking taxes you greedy pricks.
  5. I'm a Sox fan, but I do not want any billionaires getting a dime of public money for stadiums. They can finance them themselves or go pound sand. I'd rather they move than make us pay for it. It's infuriating when companies do it, but its unconscionable when sports owners do it. GRF is still not paid off. No owner should get a dime of public money for a stadium from anyone, anywhere. Pritzker was just talking about eliminating $1B in medical debt for Illinoisians and that is a MUCH better use of that money.
  6. I listened to Lawrence Holmes talk about this and idk what the complaints about his rant are. Nothing he said was wrong.
  7. I have a feeling we're going to be watching a hell of a lot of 1-2-3 innings this year
  8. Baseball Gal replied to pcq's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Ya gotta admit though, this is better than winning 85 games and missing out on the playoffs and impact talent in the draft. (obviously a lot depends on them NOT picking busts)
  9. I hate the Sox because of the way they operate. If Jerry would have done this the right way 35 years ago and built Camden Yards on the 78 site, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. It's his job to fix this. This is his f*** up. I had accepted the way the Sox operate until they told me as a fan that things would be different during the 2016-2017 rebuild. They lied, and betrayed the fans. f*** them. Also there is no organization that has as much contempt for its own fanbase than the White Sox.
  10. Bye Jerry. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
  11. How much did the Sox actually cut in payroll this winter? $30M?
  12. Baseball Gal replied to pcq's topic in Pale Hose Talk
  13. Sox are beyond overdue for a season where a lot of things go right. Last one was 2012.
  14. Baseball Gal replied to pcq's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Not just this one, but the last few in general.
  15. Baseball Gal replied to pcq's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I don't blame anyone for thinking that nothing has changed until proven otherwise.
  16. Not that I think he's in play for the Sox pick, but it would be hilarious if the Sox drafted Mike Sirota At that point we'd have had a Mike: Sirotka, Soroka and Sirota

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.