Everything posted by Baseball Gal
-
Robert
I'm in my late 30s and I question whether I'd live to see the Sox be good again.
-
Robert
Probably not. This is going to take roughly a decade to dig out of, and that's once Getz gets fired. We're probably looking at a 90s/00s Pirates length of irrelevance and badness.
-
9/14 game thread
delete, wrong thread.
-
Fire Chris Getz
- Could we Match (or beat) Phillies from 1938 - 1942?
Given where they're at and Getz's "eye for talent" it's certainly possible.- 24-25 NFL Thread
- White Sox let four scouts go
Oh dear god, that is terrible.- Marco Paddy fired
/thread- Marco Paddy fired
You can win with Jerry's financial limitations if you do it right.- Marco Paddy fired
I was thinking exactly this. The biggest problem with the Sox over the last 12 months has been Getz.- Sox trying to fix Vargas
Lmfao- Getz’s Hilarious Hypocrisy
Yeah I got so depressed that I can't even follow the minors because those guys will just be trade bait. I feel like I could follow if there was a small group of promising young players but there isn't anything outside of Schultz and Hagens and nothing on the position player side. Every team has a Thorpe and Iriarte.- 9/2 GT - Sox vs. Orioles 2:05 CT
I don't blame you. I tried to find a different hockey team but I like the sport too much and couldn't get emotionally invested in another team. If the Sox moved I'd probably just quit baseball.- 9/2 GT - Sox vs. Orioles 2:05 CT
Blackhawks aren't making it.- Chasing Records — 121 losses, modern MLB record
It's the latter.- Getz’s Hilarious Hypocrisy
Yeah this is where we're at. It's pretty bleak to the point where idgaf if they move anymore. We're looking at at least 7-10 years to get out of this, unless there is new ownership and they actually start acting like a big market club. That being said, it could easily take 20 years to recover from this.- 9/2 GT - Sox vs. Orioles 2:05 CT
Is there any hope that JR will fire Getz or are we going to have to wait 5 seasons?- 9/2 GT - Sox vs. Orioles 2:05 CT
I'm sure Jerry and Bill were BFFs. Jerry never said the quiet part out loud until he got older. "Championships are too expensive"- 9/2 GT - Sox vs. Orioles 2:05 CT
No. I mean it's pretty clear we're in Bill Wirtz Blackhawks territory but the majority of that team that won 3 championships was in place before Bill Wirtz died. Bill Wirtz would probably not have signed off on Hossa, the guy that put them over the top.- 9/2 GT - Sox vs. Orioles 2:05 CT
Will they win another game the rest of the season???- 9/2 GT - Sox vs. Orioles 2:05 CT
He would know, because he used to do that too.- 9/1 Games
Did Charlotte and Kanny get rained out?- 9/1 GT - Mets at Sox (1:10pm CT)
Preach, brother. Vargas, Fletcher and Thorpe do not inspire confidence.- 9/1 GT - Mets at Sox (1:10pm CT)
That's the line from the movie after Harry's partner says "you can't say goddamn on the radio"- 9/1 GT - Mets at Sox (1:10pm CT)
I know, there isn't even much hope in the minors outside Schultz/Hagens. The best the Sox have otherwise are run of the mill pitching prospects that every team has. Every team has a Thorpe and Iriarte. There has been a complete organizational collapse in the position player dept. - Could we Match (or beat) Phillies from 1938 - 1942?