Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baseball Gal

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Baseball Gal

  1. Baseball Gal replied to 2Deep's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I'm in my late 30s and I question whether I'd live to see the Sox be good again.
  2. Baseball Gal replied to 2Deep's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Probably not. This is going to take roughly a decade to dig out of, and that's once Getz gets fired. We're probably looking at a 90s/00s Pirates length of irrelevance and badness.
  3. delete, wrong thread.
  4. Given where they're at and Getz's "eye for talent" it's certainly possible.
  5. Oh dear god, that is terrible.
  6. You can win with Jerry's financial limitations if you do it right.
  7. I was thinking exactly this. The biggest problem with the Sox over the last 12 months has been Getz.
  8. Yeah I got so depressed that I can't even follow the minors because those guys will just be trade bait. I feel like I could follow if there was a small group of promising young players but there isn't anything outside of Schultz and Hagens and nothing on the position player side. Every team has a Thorpe and Iriarte.
  9. I don't blame you. I tried to find a different hockey team but I like the sport too much and couldn't get emotionally invested in another team. If the Sox moved I'd probably just quit baseball.
  10. Blackhawks aren't making it.
  11. Yeah this is where we're at. It's pretty bleak to the point where idgaf if they move anymore. We're looking at at least 7-10 years to get out of this, unless there is new ownership and they actually start acting like a big market club. That being said, it could easily take 20 years to recover from this.
  12. Is there any hope that JR will fire Getz or are we going to have to wait 5 seasons?
  13. I'm sure Jerry and Bill were BFFs. Jerry never said the quiet part out loud until he got older. "Championships are too expensive"
  14. No. I mean it's pretty clear we're in Bill Wirtz Blackhawks territory but the majority of that team that won 3 championships was in place before Bill Wirtz died. Bill Wirtz would probably not have signed off on Hossa, the guy that put them over the top.
  15. Will they win another game the rest of the season???
  16. He would know, because he used to do that too.
  17. Did Charlotte and Kanny get rained out?
  18. Preach, brother. Vargas, Fletcher and Thorpe do not inspire confidence.
  19. That's the line from the movie after Harry's partner says "you can't say goddamn on the radio"
  20. I know, there isn't even much hope in the minors outside Schultz/Hagens. The best the Sox have otherwise are run of the mill pitching prospects that every team has. Every team has a Thorpe and Iriarte. There has been a complete organizational collapse in the position player dept.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.