Everything posted by Baseball Gal
-
9/1 GT - Mets at Sox (1:10pm CT)
Getz needs to be one and done, you lose 120 games you get fired, idc if it's your first year. It's like going 0-17 in the NFL, it happens you get fired regardless of how long you've been there.
-
9/1 GT - Mets at Sox (1:10pm CT)
Don't worry, nobody's listening anyway
-
8/30/24 Gamethread Miracle Mets at Miracle Max' White Sox 7:10 Central
The Robert return can't be screwed up. It's like trading Moncada during the winter of 2022-23 at this point. Either he will figure it out and be good next year, and the Sox will get something for him at the TDL or he won't and his option gets declined next fall.
-
8/30/24 Gamethread Miracle Mets at Miracle Max' White Sox 7:10 Central
Going to remind everyone who thinks the Sox are going to get anything for Robert.
-
8/30/24 Gamethread Miracle Mets at Miracle Max' White Sox 7:10 Central
Who will give anything decent for him after the season he just had? I feel like Robert going into 2025 is a lot like Moncada going into 2023.
-
8/30/24 Gamethread Miracle Mets at Miracle Max' White Sox 7:10 Central
I know, I shudder to think about just how much worse next season will be. How many Crochet starts did they win? Robert isn't going anywhere this winter and if he has another season like this one his option will be declined at the end of next season. 4 9 of their 31 wins were Crochet starts.
-
8/30/24 Gamethread Miracle Mets at Miracle Max' White Sox 7:10 Central
Getz and Barfield have no idea what an MLB hitter looks like. Until they get fired this team is going nowhere. I can't imagine they win more than 60 games until that happens.
-
Robert
Robert wouldn't be the first player to have a few good years and then fall off a cliff. Look at his current manager for more proof of that.
-
Your 31-101 White Sox against the Texas Rangers 7:10 CST Game Thread
- Your 31-101 White Sox against the Texas Rangers 7:10 CST Game Thread
You read my mind- Moncada and Soroka going to AAA for rehab
I think he will get DFA when healthy.- Getz’s Hilarious Hypocrisy
^^^^- How can Getz and Barfield both be so bad at finding infielders
- Keys to the White Sox future with Paul Janish...
If Jerry won't go longer than 3 years then the Sox going to be signing a lot of Lance Lynn types and those guys come with their own risks of falling off a cliff at any point in their mid 30s.- Sports Media Discussion
Did Spiegel get let go?- Stone not sure he will be back in 25, season "wearing on him"
90 losses would be a 30 game improvement. Doubtful. If they could only lose 105-110 that's still progress- Chasing Records — 121 losses, modern MLB record
I thought there was a good chance they lost 110+ and pushed 120.- Sox vs Astros 8/18/24 GDT
I know I'm just box score watching, but does Vargas look as terrible as his stats?- ESPN Midseason report
I read Kiley's writeup on Montgomery and question if he watched him play at all this year.- 8/16 Sox @ Asterisks 7:10 PM CT
It is so weird to have Grady Sizemore as the Sox manager. I hated that guy when he was with Cleveland.- Sox planning more playing time for Vargas/Fletcher
Moncada has 14 career fWAR through age 29. That's disappointing, not a complete bust. Brien Taylor never made the Majors- Sox planning more playing time for Vargas/Fletcher
Delmon Young- Sox planning more playing time for Vargas/Fletcher
Moncada, Robert and Jimenez were more disappointments than failures. Giolito was good when he had spider tack. Anderson had a few good years. Cease was good. Kopech was the one guy that completely failed.- Sox planning more playing time for Vargas/Fletcher
I will take arguments that it was KW.- Sox planning more playing time for Vargas/Fletcher
Like at this point I wish they kept Hahn. At least he knew how to identify minor league talent. If they failed, they failed at the MLB level and his guys more disappointed than outright failed. - Your 31-101 White Sox against the Texas Rangers 7:10 CST Game Thread